Saturday 16 June 2018

Sunday Post 105, It's Monday, What are you reading? 90


The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a chat and a catch-up - is hosted by Kimba, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://bookdate.blogspot.com/

Let's see ... I turned 47 on Tuesday. I had work, and a quiet day, but a nice one. We ordered pizza on Saturday night as a sort of belated birthday tea. The boys got me Stephen King's new book, and a new wallet, something I very much needed as my old one was falling apart.

There's not much else to report from the week apart from that, I don't think. I took Spawn into town yesterday for Subway, and to pick up the new Lego Incredibles 2 videogame which he was very excited to get.

I painted my nails yesterday and I've managed to get some reading done. I've been re-watching Brooklyn 99 on Netflix, waiting for series five to show up, and while I'm writing this I"m watching I, Frankenstein, which I'll review later on in the week.

I'm still reading Railsea and The Fifth Season. I trough with my reading every so often and it slows right down, which is what's happening now, but it's no bad thing.

How about you? What's your week like? What are you reading?

13 comments:

  1. I'm still on my way through Brookly 99 and so far am watching Season 2, I quite like it. But I'm not in love with it... so I'm watching every now and then. (The Good Place though, I flew through that!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday, it sounds like it was a good one! Enjoy your upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday this past week! Glad it was a good one. Mmm pizza, that always works. :)

    I've been watching a bunch of Netflix too- so many shows...

    Hope you have a great new week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maree I go through mini reading slumps myself and like yourself I'm in that mood lately and have been sooo slow in reading.

    Hope this week things get somewhat better.

    Angelica @ Paperback Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have slow reading weeks, too. But then something will connect, and I'm off and running.

    Enjoy your week! I love watching Netflix and Amazon Prime during the slower reading weeks...or maybe watching them slows my reading down. LOL. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! I don't think slow reading weeks are bad, we just need the time to recharge!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! Sounds like a nice day and good gifts. Having a non-falling apart wallet is so nice after going awhile with one that's teetering on the edge. I've had several slow reading weeks lately but it's usually short lived. Hopefully yours will be the same. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! I hope you like Stephen King’s book. I still need to read that one. Have a good week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday!
    https://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/its-monday-what-are-you-reading3003261

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday, hope you have a great day!!

    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/06/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday! Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very late birthday greetings.

    ReplyDelete