Saturday 25 March 2023

The Sunday Post #2 It's Monday! What are you reading #2

 
Is it me, or are the weeks going faster and faster? Anyway.


The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to chat about their weeks - is hosted by Kimba, here:https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

I'm going to try and write a few blog posts today and schedule them for later in the week. I know me, and the last thing I'm going to want to do after work during the week is sit down and have to use my brain-parts. 

Let's see ... last week... 

I went to quiz (as always) on Wednesday night. Our team came third, which isn't too bad.
There was a work event on Thursday night, so by Friday my social battery was pretty dead. 

Yesterday spawn and I went to the library, and I went to my friend's as I always do on a Saturday night. We cross-stitch, watch reality TV and set the world to rights. 

I haven't done a lot today. I'm listening to the LOTR soundtrack while I write these posts, and then I'll probably watch some TV and do some stitching.

I've finished The Grey King but am taking a break before embarking on Silver on the Tree.

I also finished The Embroidered Book today - I'll hopefully have a review of that one up later in the week.

As for what I'm intending to read next - I have Again, Rachel by Marian Keyes started, and I want to re-read The Lord of the Rings, so I'm planning on starting Fellowship of the Ring this week.

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading? 

12 comments:

  1. The Saturday evening events with friends looks like a lot of fun. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. We've been friends for years so it's always fun :)

      Delete
  2. The evening with a friend watching tv sounds wonderful! I wish I had a friend to do that with! I do occasionally have a "craft" night with some friends where we can bring whatever craft we want, I often just bring coloring to do. Have a great week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something we started doing years ago and just sort of kept going - lol

      Delete
  3. Your Saturday night sounds fun. :) And enjoy the Rings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good week. Enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read a Marian Keyes book in forever. I will have to look that one up. Have a great week!

    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/blog-1/2023/3/12/on-my-nightstand-march-12-2023-3x56s-7tzcc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good so far but I do think her earlier books are better

      Delete
  6. That sounds like a nice Saturday night ritual. My friends and I often set the world to rights and wonder why no one ever consults us to get things fixed :-) Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? We could fix so many things! Thank you :)

      Delete