Tuesday 18 October 2016

It's (nearly) readathon time again!

Every year, I whitter over whether I'm going to sign up for Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon or not, and every year (well, twice a year) I talk myself into it.

This month is no different. I signed up earlier in the week, and I'm all set to go, although I still need to stock up on snacks and figure out what I'm going to read.

If you're reading this and going ... huh? Go here: http://www.24hourreadathon.com/ and all will be made clear and all that jazz. Readathon is fun, and it brings all corners of the book blogging community - from the old-school crusty bloggers like myself - to the young'ns on the tumblr and the instagram together to unite in the same purpose: read as much as possible, and consume mass quantities.

This year I'll be diving in a little bit late, as I'm going out on Saturday night to my stitch-and-watch friend's place - Saturday is her birthday, and she not long ago lost her mum, so I'm sticking to my leave-the-house plans this once. On Sunday, however, my "plan" is to find a book, park up somewhere comfy, no doubt with a cat ... and probably spend far too much time on social media, like I always do.

Join us! It's fun! :)

3 comments:

  1. Lovely to see another readathoner from the Down Under area.
    I've put together a little #TeamOz group to help us get through Sunday afternoon when many of the US readathoners have an overnight snooze, and things go a little quiet.

    Can I add you to my list?
    My readathon post

    Maybe would could rename it #TeamANZ :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brona: Yes, absolutely! I'll mostly be around on twitter - https://twitter.com/justaddbooks Heh, #TeamANZ, sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete