Saturday 17 June 2023

Sunday Post 13; It's Monday! What are you reading? 13

 
The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a chat and catch-up - is hosted by Kimba, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

I turned 52 on Monday, and got some fancy chocolates and the book Recipes from the World of Tolkien by Robert Tuesley Anderson, which is very pretty and - as the title states - full of recipes inspired by Tolkien's works.

I had Tuesday off, which was nice. I had lunch with a friend and didn't do much of anything else.

The rest of my week was much the same. I didn't do much yesterday, but went to my friend's house last night as usual.

I also finished the festive llama cross-stitch for my friend's birthday. Her birthday was a couple of weeks ago, and it's definitely a Christmas llama, but she'll appreciate it.

I'm still reading The Outsider, and The Lady's Guide to Celestial Mechanics. Once I've finished  the latter, I'll move on to The Return of the King.

I'm still working on my 52 things in 52 weeks list. I now have ... six, I believe. I'm trying not to make too many of them food-related. I'm open to ideas. :)

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?


17 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! The cross stitch is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Recipes From The World of Tolkien? I must have that. And second breakfast. Here's my SP: https://bonniereadsandwrites.com/2023/06/18/sunday-post-read-review-read-some-more/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, who doesn't love second breakfast :)

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very happy belated birthday - I LOVE the cross-stitch! And I think the idea of doing 52 different things to celebrate your birthday is a lovely one:)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's still a work in progress :)

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday! And a Tolkien recipe book ? How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 52nd BD! That llama cross stitch is so cute! Love llamas. Have a lovely week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Very cute cross stitch. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! You are making me want to reread The Fellowship of the Ring. It has been years. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to re-read LOTR every few years :)

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday!

    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/

    ReplyDelete