Saturday 2 December 2023

The Sunday Post 35; It's Monday! What are you reading? 35

 


The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? Is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

Let's see.

Once again, I fell for the trap capitalism set for me and I had to go to work in order to pay bills, eat and live in general. One of these days I will escape the maw, but not today.

The team came second at quiz on Wednesday, which we were pleased with, because we felt we had done far worse than we had. 

Nothing else of particular note happened, which is absolutely fine with me. 

I spent my Friday night stitching and watching Star Trek: The Next Generation, which I greatly enjoyed.

Lily again evaded our efforts to take her to the vet for blood tests, which was. Stressful. So I rescheduled the appointment YET AGAIN.

I went to my friend's last night for our usual TV and stitching session, and now here I am on Sunday morning.

I'm about to go make my sandwiches for tomorrow, and some lunch for today. Spawn and I are going to watch some Dr Who, and then I'm meeting a friend for coffee.

I'm still reading Hell Bent by Leigh Bardugo, but will likely finish it today so I can return it to my workmate tomorrow. I'm also still reading Making It So by Patrick Stewart, which I'm greatly enjoying.

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

15 comments:

  1. Capitalism is tricky that way. :)

    Congrats on quiz. Hope you're having a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about that book by Patrick Stewart. It's on my list for next year.

    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm nearly halfway through, and it is very good.

      Delete
  3. I have to read the book by Patrick Stewart. I wonder if it's on audio. I'll have to check out my library. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I believe there is an audiobook - read by the author himself!

      Delete
  4. Capitalism is a downer.
    I’d like to read Making it So, I love TNG

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished Hell Bent last month and I quite enjoyed it. I hope you are enjoying it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a cat that was a magician when it came to vet appointments. I don't know how she knew but she always managed to disappear when it came time to get ready to go. She lived a nice long life regardless. My cat now isn't quite as bright so he does go to the vet but tries to hide in corners in the exam room. Enjoy your reading and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely frustrating. Thank you :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a busy week but a fun one. One of our dogs has to have a small lump removed on his arm but it changes in size and our vet wants it at its largest when he does it so we are trying to catch it and rush him in and it just isn't working well. Usually it pops up more on the weekends when our vet is out. So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing wrong with a quiet usual week. I like those a lot. I'm glad you are enjoying Stewart's book. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete