Sunday 24 April 2016

Sunday Post 30; It's Monday, What are you reading? 18


The Sunday Post is hosted here by Kimba: http://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn here: http://bookdate.blogspot.co.nz/

Ugh, I had a Week, last week. Work went terribly all week, and my right eye swelled up so much it pushed my eyebrow up. First week of the school holidays, too. Still. Onwards, right?

Right.

So I spent a lot of my down time playing Dragon Age and Trying Not to Think About Work (which always goes about as well as can be expected.)

Come Saturday, and I took spawn into town because I needed to go to the library. So we went to the movies as well (Zootopia, it was a lot of fun) and of course, as always, to the gaming store. (Yes, I'm a pushover. I know.)

I dug more into The Casual Vacancy on Saturday, and pep-talked myself into going out to my stitch and watch friend's house, as we hadn't had a stitch and watch session for various reasons for about three weeks. However, I had had such a Week, that by 9.30pm I was ready to come home. I shuffled about, made a hot chocolate, watched a repeat of Face Off and was in bed by 11.20pm. It was bliss - lol.

I finished The Casual Vacancy today, and also read issue five of Dragon Age; Magekiller yesterday so I'm slowly clawing back the numbers on my goodreads challenge. Very slowly.

I really enjoyed The Casual Vacancy, and also Magekiller 5, and will try and do a review post this week. I'm also going to try and do a sanctuary thingies post if I remember. Ambition thy name is ... well, not me but you know.

I ordered some books from book depository, so I'm waiting for those to trickle in, and I'm contemplating another order because someone described Black Wolves by Kate Elliott as Persuasion meets Dragon Age so clearly I need to order Persuasion Dragon Age as those are two of my favourite things.

This week will hopefully be better at work, and I have tomorrow off as it's Anzac Day here, and therefore a stat.

I plan to spend it reading Locked In by John Scalzi, playing Dragon Age, and maybe doing some stitching.

What about you?

What are you up to this week?

What are you reading?

6 comments:

  1. Yay for Dragon Age, I never did get around to playing that but I want to. :( At some point. Hope your books are good when they come in, and good to know Zootopia was good too. I've heard all good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed Casual Vacancy. Zootopia looks cute, glad you both enjoyed it. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Black Wolves' by Kate Elliott sounds fabulous - I LOVE those sorts of mash-ups, so it looks as though I need to be tracking those down. I LOVED Locked In, though I know it's had a mixed reception. I thought the world very well depicted and I really enjoyed the murder mystery was had a very different spin on it. I'll be interested to know how you get on... Have a great week and I hope your eye is soon better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lock In was my first John Scalzi book (and my last so far, but I AM going to circle back to him soon), and I liked it a lot! It was neat how it was primarily a murder mystery, with some sci-fi bits around the edges. Definitely a writer I want to explore more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your eye AND the fact you had a terrible week at work. I hope this one's better though at least it's a short week. (We've got a short week next week as well.) Though I don't work any Mondays or Fridays, so...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve never read The Casual Vacancy but it sounds intriguing. Hope your eye is better! I’m trying to read The Interior Castle by St Teresa of Avila, but it’s tough going, I must admit.

    ReplyDelete