Saturday 10 September 2016

Sunday post 42; It's Monday What are you reading? 28


The Sunday Post - a chance for a natter and a catch-up with other bloggers - is hosted by Kimba over here: http://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? Is now hosted by Kathryn right here: http://bookdate.blogspot.co.nz/

Life is rolling on. I'm getting through the long and painful process of applying for benefits and for jobs. One is going about as well as the other at the moment. But I'm sure something will turn up.

Other than that I'm really just trying to fill in my days as best I can. Hooray for a house full of books and an iPad full of games - lol.

As for what I'm reading .... I managed to write a couple of blog posts last week, so go me. I also finished book three of the Dark Tower series, and Carrie Fisher's sort-of memoir, Wishful Drinking.

Reviews will be coming up for those this week. Next up I think I'm going to tackle book one of The Expanse, Leviathan Wakes by James S A Corey. And I have One Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray on ibooks, so I'm digging into that as well this week.

The sci-fi channel here, The Zone is running a pop-up channel to celebrate 50 years of Star Trek and around 8.30 each night there appears to be a Star Trek movie. So far I've watched Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock. So tonight's entertainment is sorted.

What about you?

How's your week?

What are you reading?

8 comments:

  1. Loved the Dark Tower books. Keeping you in my thoughts on the job hunt. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched a bit of the show based on The Expanse on SyFy and it wasn't bad. Haven't read the books though or finished the show yet. And I love the sound of those Star Trek movies- I think wrath of Khan is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually watched the new Star Trek movies recently. (Are they the ones you meant?) Well I watched the first couple.... I don't love them enough to actually go and see the next one at the cinema but loved the show as a kid.

    Good luck with the job hunting and I hope the benefits get sorted quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read The Dark Tower series yet, but still plan to get to it. Hope one of your job applications will proof to be positive. Here's my Sunday Headlines:http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2016/09/the-sunday-headlines-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimba: Thank you!

    Greg: I want to read the first book before I dive into the TV series. It's great, there's one on every night at the moment around 8.30.

    Deborah: The pop-up channel is old-school Star Trek - ALL of the Star Trek, it's great! Thank you! :)

    Mareli: Thank you: :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh - The Claudia Gray keeps catching my attention but isn't quite on my TBR yet. I hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my weekly round-up : #IMWAYR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best wishes and thoughts on the job/benefits front, it is not easy.

    Carrie Fisher's memoir sounds intriguing.

    Have a nice week.

    Amanda @ Mrs B's Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Di: I really enjoyed it, much more than I thought I would.

    Amanda: Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete