Saturday 29 July 2017

Sunday post 66; It's Monday, What are you reading? 52



The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a chat and a catch-up - is hosted by Kimba, over here: http://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, right here: http://bookdate.blogspot.co.nz/

I had a pretty unremarkable week, I think. Spawn was back at school after the holidays, and so I'm in the routine of applying for jobs and finding semi-productive ways to fill the hours. It's going ... sort of okay-ish. Well, apart from the job. Nothing on the horizon there, though I do keep applying.

I had lunch with my friend on Wednesday, and did a few hours' casual work proofing pages for the local community paper. Other than that ... hrm.

I did get some blogging done - I wrote a review of Abroad  by Liz Jacobs, and one of the app game, Monument Valley 2. Coming up this week I'll have a review of Unforgiven by Ruth Clampett, a book for which I have very mixed feelings.

Also this week I'm hoping to restart my awesome ladies blog posts, so I need to do some research for that.

J has another week off before starting his new job, so I think we're all just waiting to adjust to a new normal.

I'm still picking away at the Hamilton bio, and I'm about 2/3 of the way through Tongues of Serpents, so I'm hoping to finish that this week. Otherwise it's more of the same: applying for jobs, blogging a bit, reading .... if I'm feeling particularly feisty  I might do some cross-stitching.

What about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

8 comments:

  1. Summer's going fast and it won't be long before school is back in around here too. Crazy how fast it's going. My week was okay, read a bit but not much else, neglected all my shows lol. Hope your week ahead is a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some weeks are like that, aren't they? Have a good one :)

      Delete
  2. My kids go back the 14th. They aren't ready at all, but that also means they sleep in anymore. lol... Enjoy your week.

    Jenea's Book Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol summer holidays are always a bit trying. You too :)

      Delete
  3. It is hard to believe school is starting again already. Here in Minnesota the kids don't go back until the day after Labor Day. Come see my week here. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the job search perks up for you soon. The old place is nearly ready. Meanwhile, we're happily settled in our temporary apartment. Come see what I'm reading

    ReplyDelete