Saturday 8 April 2023

The Sunday Post 4; It's Monday! What are you reading? 4

                                                                                

 

The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a chat and a catch-up - is hosted by Kimba, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

Let's see ... it was a short week here because of the Easter break. And on Thursday I woke up with a sore throat and blocked nose. Tested, like a responsible citizen, but it was negative. However, as I am a responsible citizen, I took a sick day from work. So I think I just have a mild cold - it certainly hasn't got any worse over the long weekend.

I didn't do much on Friday - possibly a little bit of stitching? Some reading? Not a lot, anyway. Spawn had a friend over for a sleepover, so I did the responsible parent thing. I ordered pizza for tea. 

Yesterday I decided it had been far too long since I had visited my parents' gravesite. So I went to a secondhand store and bought a small vase, and some flowers from the supermarket and took them down in the afternoon. There were a few people around, but the cemetery was actually pretty quiet. It was quite nice. 

Went to my friend's place as usual last night for stitching and TV. 

Today I've done some housework stuff (ugh) and I also went for a walk in Queen's Park, which is smack in the middle of the town I live in. And even though we're halfway through autumn, quite a few of the roses in the rose garden were still in bloom. The park is starting to look autumn-ish finally (we've had a very mild autumn in my part of the country so far) so I took a couple of photos.
The second photo on the left is part of the rose garden - much more impressive in person, and the first one is just the view of the park from where I was sitting. It was nice to just ... be outside for a bit, I think. 

Tomorrow is a public holiday here as well, and then back to work on Tuesday.

As for what I've been reading... I finished Again, Rachel by Marian Keyes, the sequel to Rachel's Holiday, and there will be a review up later this week for that.

Currently I'm re-reading Silver on the Tree by Susan Cooper, and reading The Witness for the Dead by Katherine Addison. It's not a direct sequel, but it's set in the same world as The Goblin Emperor, which I LOVED. And so far The Witness for the Dead is great as well.

I'm also trying to watch a movie at least once a week, so on Friday night I watched Murder Mystery 2 on Netflix. I enjoyed the first one more than I thought I would but this was. A movie. That I watched. 

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?











16 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better quickly! Colds are so annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So far very mild but spawn has tested positive for Covid, so we'll see how that goes.

      Delete
  2. Get well soon! Happy reading - my list is up on my blog. Happy Easter, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn here so far has sort of swung between extremes, I hope it mellows out soon.
    I hope your cold clears up too.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have a great week too :)

      Delete
  4. Glad you're feeling better - take care of yourself. I finished a LONG book last week - The Winners by Fredrik Backman. Hope you have a terrific week.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-44

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also down with a cold for my Easter Weekend! But at least it gave me a chance to read some!

    Hope you are feeling better and enjoying your public holiday tomorrow!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far ... spawn has tested positive for Covid. And it's the first week of the school holidays for him. So a double-downer

      Delete
  6. I hope you are feeling better! I want to see Murder Mystery, too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is nice tojust be out. That park looks very nice.

    We saw Murder Mystery too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are feeling better now!

    I have a similar movie on my list this week where it was just something that I watched, but I also have one I enjoyed very much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad that it is only a cold. I hope you feel better now. Sounds like you had a great week. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh, I have an annoying cold as well. Sore throat came and went but the coughing goes on and on and on. LOL Hope you're feeling better by now. That park is absolutely lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete