Saturday 22 July 2023

Sunday Post 18; It's Monday! What are you reading? 18

 


The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a chat and a catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

Let's see ... it was cold last week, I know that much! 

We came second at quiz on Wednesday night. It's always nice to place.

I went to the Barbie movie on Friday night with a group from work, and greatly enjoyed it. It was VERY entertaining.

Saturday I took my car for a warrant of fitness. Which it failed. I'm waiting for the invoice, but I know it's going to be bad. Also - waiting and people watching - customer service really is the same wherever you go.

One customer was told over the phone that the wrong part had arrived for his vehicle. Not that the mechanic had ORDERED the wrong part, but that the wrong part had been delivered. Then the receptionist told the mechanic that the customer was coming in and he wasn't happy about the part, and about something else that they'd told him, so he wanted to take photos.

Being Saturday morning, the workshop was - naturally - busy. As I was paying (just for the warrant, not for ALL OF THE THINGS wrong with my car) another woman asked why someone else's car was taken when hers was ahead in the line, as they were in a hurry and had to leave to travel. It was because - according to the receptionist - that the other car would be quicker. There were TWO LINES of cars!
If you're planning a trip on Saturday, don't warrant your car the same day!

Ahem.

I spent part of Saturday reading, and also playing Strange Horticulture: https://www.strangehorticulture.com/ which is fun, and also relaxing. I've played it before, and really enjoy it.

I went to my friend's on Saturday night as usual, and parked up today after doing some housework stuff and watched some House and a movie while doing some stitching. Now here I am. :)

I finished The Seven Ancient Wonders by Matthew Reilly, and also I Like Me Better by Robby Weber, which was very cute. 

I decided to read something from my own shelves, and picked up The Merlin Conspiracy by Dianne Wynne Jones, which I've never read. 

How's your week? What are you reading?

12 comments:

  1. We don't have a fitness requirement for cars to pass here in the US other than it having to pass smog tests. Hope your repairs are too expensive! Glad to hear you enjoyed the Barbie movie. I keep seeing stuff about it in the news, but I haven't looked into it. It seems like the only time I go to the theatre is to take the grandkids to a movie. Last was Mario Bros, which I don't recommend, lol. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to have them done every year. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. I want to go to the Barbie movie, mainly to get the pink popcorn tin and the drink cup with the little beach scene under the dome, but then I'm like DO I REALLY NEED TO SPEND ALL THAT MONEY ON THINGS I'M NOT GOING TO USE? Luckily it's so hot out I have no motivation to get dressed and go out. lol

    Ugh I hate dealing with cars. I hope the final bill is a lot less than what you are anticipating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie was great, and luckily it's winter here - lol.

      Delete
  3. I had to get tires this week and yeah, it's interesting to watch and see how things go! I didn't have any issues but sometimes people do! And I've heard a lot about Barbie but more that people are talking about. My kids want to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great movie, I hope you all go :)

      Delete
  4. Warranting your car? We don't have anything like that in the US. We are just supposed to keep it insured. I used to read Diana Wynne Jones and have a number of her books on my Keeper shelves. My favorite is Howl's Moving Castle. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we have to have them warranted every year. Thank you :)

      Delete
  5. Yes, we also take our cars for warrantee before paying wheel tax etc. It's just bills everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get your car fix soon.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete