Saturday 18 November 2023

The Sunday Post 33; It's Monday! What are you reading? 33

 


The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

The week that was. 

Capitalism still has me firmly in its jaws, so I went to work because apparently bills don't pay themselves. 

We won on a tiebreaker question at quiz on Wednesday night, which is somehow the most satisfying way to win. 

I tried to watch The Continental - the limited series set in the John Wick universe - but got bored halfway through the first episode. So I switched to re-watching episodes of Brooklyn 99 and Star Trek: The Next Generation. 

My old editor passed away a couple of weeks ago, and I wasn't able to go to the funeral, so a group of us who had worked with him gathered at a pub to raise a glass and reminisce on Saturday afternoon. I also went to the library, and to my friend's place as usual to do some stitching and TV watching.

It's Sunday morning now and I'm contemplating lunch and picking a movie to watch this afternoon while I get some stitching done. 

I finished Legends & Lattes by Travis Baldree which I absolutely loved. 

I'm still reading Grace and Power (albeit very slowly) and I started Hell Bent - the sequel to Ninth House. 

I also still have A Long Petal of the Sea on the go, but I'm hoping to finish that this week. Up next I have Making it So by Patrick Stewart, which I'm very much looking forward to diving into.

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

16 comments:

  1. I wish bills paid themselves. I really do.

    Congrats on the trivia win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the dream, honestly. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. I must add Making It So to my TBR.
    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the win! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quiz is always fun. Especially when we win. Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. I wish bills paid themselves. I'm exhausted from work! I'm glad you liked Legends & Lattes. It's not my normal type of book, but I want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Legends and Lattes is so fun, It's a cozy- fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a nice quiet week with lots of time for reading. Your books all sound interesting. Patrick Stewart's sounds especially interesting. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on winning the tiebreaker question at quiz night! Legends & Lattes is on my TBR. I am glad to hear you loved it. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete