Saturday 20 April 2024

Sunday Post 54; It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 54

 


The Sunday Post - a chance for a catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

Last week .... work set the same trap for me it always does, so I had to go to the office.


I also had to take Freya to the vet as she's been drooling a lot, and off her food. 

Vet: "Her heart is beating way faster than it should be. I want to test for hyperthyroidism.

Me, who is ALREADY paying out of pocket for Lily's hyperthyroidism (internally) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Luckily, Freya does not have it, she just has bad teeth which are making her feel unhappy. She already had teeth out about three years ago, but now her back molars have to go. I have tomorrow and Tuesday off work (pre-arranged, nothing to do with cats) so I'll be taking her in for surgery in the morning.

We came fourth at quiz on Wednesday, and I got drafted for a fundraiser quiz on Thursday. They're always for a good cause, but I hate fundraiser quizzes because they take so long and it's a gamble for how well they're organised. This one .... was not. I got dragged into it because a friend was one of the people organising it. I think we came third, but I left early as I had work the next day.

Friday night I completely powered down. I watched TV I think.

Saturday morning Son of Mine and I went to the library, and we re-watched some Good Place, and Golden Girls. Saturday night I went to my friend's as usual. We finished a show, so watched The Happy Prince, a Rupert Everett movie about the last days of Oscar Wilde.

Today Son of Mine and I watched National Treasure and I worked on a couple of blackwork projects I have on the go.

I had to DNF A Curse Dark as Gold - I was struggling with it more than I was enjoying it and life is too short. So now I'm reading Pet by Catherine Chidgey and I think I'm going to re-read an Agatha Christie, as I finished RuPaul's memoir.

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

11 comments:

  1. Good luck to Freya! Hope that goes well and she's feeling better very soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty kitty! She will feel so much better after her procedure. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sucks when the kitties get ill! At least teeth should be a simple enough fix and once dealt with she should be good. I lost my old girl a couple of weeks ago due to cancer and the vet bills leading up to the end were just ridiculous. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness it wasn't any more complicated than teeth - animals are so expensive to look after, these days. I hope she sails through her op to remove her teeth and that the coming week is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My week was ok and i listened to a great book maybe you will like it. It called the secret book of flora lea same author that wrote once upon a wardrobe and becoming mrs.lewis. I thoughly enjoyed the audiobook. Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everything works out ok.

    I loved The Good Place. I haven't watched the last series though.

    Have a good week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/04/21/sunday-post-123/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch, pet care is so pricey! I hope Kitty sails through the surgery.

    Wishing you a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes for Freya. Hope all goes well for her. I had a quiet week with lots of good reading. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm on day #3 of my Staycation and haven't felt like reading a dang thing. Ugh. So annoying when that happens.

    I hope Freya's mouth feels better sooooooooooooon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor kitty. Sorry you had to go in the office. Hoping this week is better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw poor kitty. I hope the extraction goes well.

    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/

    ReplyDelete