Saturday 25 May 2024

Sunday Post 56; It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 56

 


The Sunday Post - a chance for a catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

First, thank you for the kind words about Freya. Her ashes are now home with us, and I miss her greatly.

Okay. 

I worked 6 days last week as my roster is temporarily changing to Tuesdays to Saturdays. It means I'll have Mondays off and I am not upset about that. I don't mind working Saturdays - I hate working Sundays. 

Son of Mine turned 17 (somehow) this month and I feel VERY old. And tired. 

What else have I been doing? Working. Reading. Stitching. Getting colder as winter is coming. 

I've been watching Ripley on Netflix, which is very good and Feud Season 2 on Disney, about Truman Capote and his "Swans" which is also very good.

I finished The Hobbit, and The Warm Hands of Ghosts. AND The Sittaford Mystery by Agatha Christie.

I've decided to pick up The Dark Tower again as well. I got part way through book 4 and stalled out due to the very extended flashback. I'm not a big fan of flashbacks in general and this one is something like 500 pages. But I do want to finish the series so I'm chipping away at 10 or so pages as often as I can. I've read about 100 pages that way so it is working.

I'm also re-reading The Lord of the Rings now that I've finished The Hobbit.

How about you? How's  your week? What are you reading?

13 comments:

  1. Yes... children and grandchildren's ages can really trip you up. I try very hard not to let that bother me too much - but it's easier said than done. I hope you manage to get some rest this weekend and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to watch Pearl Harbor as its Memorial Day Weekend. You have me thinking about watching Lord of the Rings again though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched Pearl Harbor in years! I hope you enjoy Lord of the Rings. :)

      Delete
  3. I'll have to check out Ripley. I don't think I've seen that yet. I hope you enjoy your reading and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read The Hobbit a while ago and liked it. I had had it sitting on my shelf for years and years and finally got round to reading it. Ive seen all the films.

    Sounds like you have had a busy week. Time with kids goes so fast. My oldest will be 6 in August and my youngest will be 1 in July.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/05/26/sunday-post-sunday-salon/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hobbit is one of my favourite books. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  5. I love the dark tower series it been a long time since i read it. Nothing to exciting here this week is the adult fairy loot read along so i am gonna be reading that and i started reading the crave series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to finish the series, I just have to get through Wizards and Glass first.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a nice week. It must also be nice to have a fixed schedule at work. I'm retired but my brother is still working, and his schedule often seems random to me. He works roughly the same number of hours each week, but they are allotted differently almost every week. Makes meal planning an adventure! Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A schedule is nice honestly. Thank you :)

      Delete
  7. I think I'm the only person who loved book 4 of The Dark Tower. Book 6 is where I stalled. Work needs to give me a day off so I can watch Ripley. I'm so excited for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding it's either people's favourite or they struggle with it. I hope you enjoy Ripley. :)

      Delete