Saturday 1 June 2024

Sunday Post 57; It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 57



 The Sunday Post - a chance for a catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

So capitalism once again trapped me, and I also did not win Lotto. I mean, I didn't buy a ticket, but semantics.

We came second at quiz on Wednesday night, and my new shift has started so I worked Saturday and I have Sundays and Mondays off.

I went to my friend's place today for our usual reality TV show and stitching session and we may switch to Sunday afternoons for the time being.

Son of Mine had a friend over last night for a sleepover, and he's off at another friend's tonight for a party/sleepover combo.

I have big plans. I'm going to cook some dinner and watch the last two episodes of season two of Feud.
Maybe do some stitching.

I finished The Warm Hands of Ghosts by Katherine Arden and absolutely loved it.
I also finished The Sittaford Mystery by Agatha Christie, which was a fun read.

I'm now re-reading The Fellowship of the Ring, and still picking my way through Wizards and Glass.
I also started The Other Half by Charlotte Vassell, a murder mystery which is proving to be very entertaining so far. 

How about you? How's your day? What are you reading?

5 comments:

  1. I will probably re-read the LotR books next year after I read Robert Foster's Complete Guide to Middle Earth. Everyone raves about his book, and I want to see if there are things I will notice that I didn't before in the trilogy after reading it. 📚

    Have a wonderful week! ☀

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Other Half sounds intriguing. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading Spin of fate a fantasy book with karama as the main theme for the magic system. Started book two of the crave series. Reading a new arc by sarah beth durst called spell shop and embraking on a buddy read of the princess diaries by meg cabtot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always disappointed about not winning the lottery. Like you though, it would help if I actually played. :-) I am glad to hear you enjoyed The Warm Hands of Ghosts. I have my eye on that one. I haven't read any of Arden's other books yet, but I hope to. I hope you have a great week, Maree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the jackpot gets high enough, I have been known to buy a ticket or two. I'm still not a multimillionaire though. Your week sounds nice and so do your books. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete