Saturday 25 June 2016

Sunday post 36, It's Monday, what are you reading? 24


The Sunday Post - a chance for a chat and a catch-up - is hosted by Kimba over here:
http://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is now hosted by Kathryn, right here: http://bookdate.blogspot.co.nz/

I've decided that the 31 days of blogging thing isn't really working for me at the moment. The topics I found are a bit meh, and so I want to wait until I've created my own list, and then try again.

This past week has mostly been work, spawn, family  ... you know the drill. I started watching Grace & Frankie on Netflix and ended up basically mainlining the first two series. It stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin  as the respective title characters. They're 70, and are obviously looking forward to the next phase of their lives. Unfortunately their husbands  - who have worked together for years - have been more than business partners, and now that same-sex marriage is legal, they want to make it official.

The series is about the fall-out from that revelation and honestly, it's so great to see older women playing fully-rounded characters. Check it out if you like funny things. :) Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston play the husbands (well, ex-husbands) but the show completely belongs to Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda.

The other exciting (ha!) thing that happened last week was our Sky TV decoder finally handed in its dinner pail, respected by all. What this means, is we had to get a Sky TV technician in to replace the hard drive. What it ALSO means is I lost all of the shows I had recorded and hadn't got around to watching yet. I only had three episodes of The Walking Dead to go!

Ultimately it is only TV, though I'm a fair bit gutted about my shows,  I'll box on. I need to make a list somewhere, see if any of them show up on Netflix, or On Demand. I think some of them do.

I finished The Library at Mount Char yesterday, and I'm hoping to write a review this week. It was a good read, but a very strange one. I also picked up The Bazaar of Bad Dreams again today because I'm not sure what I want to pick up next. Possibly The Crow Girl, since I have started it.

Hrm.

What about you?

How's your week?

What are you reading?

7 comments:

  1. Grace & Frankie sounds interesting. Oh no...so sad when the cable hardware breaks and you lose shows. Hope this week is a good one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the SKy TV, that would be aggravating! I'm mostly through my Netflix shows, although there is new stuff coming that I'm looking forward to , so just waiting for July for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up on Library early on...just not my cuppa tea.

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/06/the-invoicecall-midwifei-am-davidwhere.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been hearing some good things about Grace and Frankie. It's definitely not on our screens here in Oz yet (well, free to air anyway). I must keep an eye out for it though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimba: It's great, and really funny. Losing the hard drive was definitely frustrating! Thank you! :)

    Greg: It was pretty aggravating and I have to start from scratch - lol

    Deb: I can understand that. There was a part of the book that I considered bailing too, but I persisted.

    Deborah: It's SO good and really funny. I've only seen it on Netflix so far, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard of Grace and Frankie and I would love to see it. Would have to join Netflix! Decisions! Ah would hate to lose the decoder it is my idea of a nightmare with all that I have on it to be watched!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathryn: I just have the basic Netflix package, which is $10 a month through Vodafone. I think it's definitely worth it. It was sooooo frustrating, but not much I can do. Hopefully this hard drive lasts a bit longer!

    ReplyDelete