Saturday 5 November 2016

Sunday post 48; It's Monday what are you reading? 33


The Sunday Post is a chance for a natter and catch-up with other bloggers, and is hosted by Kimba, here: http://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? Is hosted by Kathryn here: http://bookdate.blogspot.co.nz/

Let's see ... what happened last week? Not a lot, really. I had a job interview last Monday, and I'm in a wait-and-see mode, but I'm not particularly optimistic, just because I don't have a key set of skills needed for that particular job. So I'm still applying for jobs most days, and trying to stay upbeat.

I've also been catching up on Gotham, which is an odd one because it's not really all that good, but somehow it's really watchable? I don't know how they managed to pull that one off. Anyway, I'm working my way through series two at the moment.

I'm doing nano but I've decided not to stress over it, or try and make the word count every single day. If I write 500-1000 words every day, and I can stop myself from editing, I'll be happy, I think. It feels good, anyway, to sit down at my computer in the mornings and do something productive - along with trawling the job sites and my emails for possible positions, I mean.

As for what I'm reading, I'm diving in to book 2 of The Rogues of the Republic series by Patrick Weekes - so I'm reading The Prophecy Con. It's a series of heist novels, essentially, in a fantasy setting. Think Oceans Eleven meets Terry Pratchett. Up next, I think I'll pick up Wizards and Glass. I'm likely not going to make my goal of reading the whole of The Dark Tower series by the end of the year, but I'll make as good of a fist of it as I can.

I'm back into stitching a little bit more, as one of my other modest goals for the year was to finish Circe, a project I have had on the go - on and off - for several years. She's not the only lonely WIP, but the one I have the best chance of finishing - lol.

What about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

7 comments:

  1. I only watched a couple episodes of Gotham but I've heard a lot. And good luck with NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heist novels sound like fun. I have never watched Gotham, but have heard it is good/ Fingers crossed this is your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck re the interview and I hope you found it good practice anyway. I didn't ever get into Gotham but now I have Netflix I suspect my TV viewing habits will change anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get the job! As for Gotham, I actually stopped watching it midway through the 1st season since I lost interest in the show.

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of Gotham... it's weird when not very good shows are still kind of watchable, and sometimes, it's nice to have those to fall back on.
    Good luck for the job! I hope it will work out for you!
    Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't get away with Gotham but I was never a DC omits kind of girl and I think that's what this is? Some shows though get you even if you know they aren't the best and if you enjoy it why does it matter? Keep enjoying I say!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't started Gotham yet...I'm hesitant of DC live action because it sort of sucks, lol. But it's on my Netflix que! I hope you have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete