Saturday 19 August 2023

The Sunday Post 21; It's Monday! What are you reading? 21

 
The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a chat and catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are your reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/


Let's see ... MUCH less drama this week! J has got the insurance ball rolling for the garage door, which is going to take a while apparently. The car - luckily - is fine. It just needs a superhero bandaid on its bumper and it'll be fine.

We came second at quiz on Wednesday - with our HIGHEST SCORE EVER. I'm a bit competitive, so I'm still slightly bitter. Amazing score, but still second. *Sigh.*

Work again was a thing I did to facilitate paying my bills. 

I went to the library yesterday morning, and wavered on going around the secondhand shops, but ultimately decided I was too lazy. We need new kitchen chairs, but they don't need to be new-new. I haven't found anything I like yet.

I did some reading, and went to my friend's as usual last night to watch TV and do some stitching.
When I got home, there was a power cut in my part of town, which was interesting. So I was navigating by iPhone torch. Luckily it only lasted a couple of hours in total.

And now here we are. :)

I'm still reading The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer, and I also started The Writing Retreat by Julia Bartz.

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

18 comments:

  1. I read the Writing Retreat a while ago - hope you like it. Currently I just started Blacktop Wasteland - good so far. Have a terrific week.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never fails that whenever we have a power outage, that will be the day I forgot to charge my phone. Here's my SP: https://bonniereadsandwrites.com/2023/08/20/sunday-post-back-home/?fbclid=IwAR0ee_iM4TCMaAnQswsDVj1z5S62JGU1cI8Pw-NCdhfJK48CSa8o2iluVKc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily my phone had power still, as I needed the torch on it!

      Delete
  3. Ugh, hope things get fixed sooner rather than later! I read the first Land of Stories book by Chris Colfer because I got to meet him at BEA when it first came out and got an ARC. Haven't read any since, but I did really enjoy that one! I hope you have a better week.
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily it only lasted a couple of hours. Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. We've been having power outages lately too but fortunately they haven't lasted too long. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an interesting week. Power outages aren't a lot of fun. We have been having power blips that are out just long enough that we have to reset clocks on appliances. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't fun, but luckily only lasted a couple of hours. Thank you :)

      Delete
  6. At least you had an eventful week and it sounds like you got some things accomplished. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, gotta pay those bills...lol Power outages really make you realize how much we depend on electricity. Hope this week is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh power outages. We did a quiz the other week when we were on vacation and it was so fun. I need to find one around here.

    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Was it Simon from American Idol that said something about nothing being worse than coming in second? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound like something he would say, yes.

      Delete