Saturday 16 December 2023

The Sunday Post 37; It's Monday! What are you reading? 37

 


The Sunday Post - a chance for a catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

Let's see ... .capitalism informed me that Netherfield has been let at last, so I went to work as usual because I remembered I'm not a young, single Jane Austen heroine but a middle-aged modern woman who has to earn her own living.

Anyway. We won at quiz on Wednesday, which was nice, as it was the last one of the year. There was meant to be a work do on Friday night but one of the organisers contracted COVID so that's been postponed until next year.

On Saturday Spawn and I went to the library, and also on a quest to the gaming store, both were completed successfully.

Today we finally put up the tree - it's not much to look at but it's festive and I'm happy.

Now here I am, waiting for dinner to finish cooking.

I gave up on Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow - I'm sure it's a very good book but I could not stand Dov, and didn't want to spend 500 pages with such an awful character. So I returned the digital copy to the library.

I also had to return Making it So, as it had holds on it, so I just need to wait until it becomes available again. In the meantime, I'm still bingeing Star Trek: TNG.

I still have Labyrinth’s Heart on the go, and I'm about halfway through that and seriously the whole series is SO GOOD. Once I've finished it, I'll do a post on the whole thing, I think. I'm also reading Three Act Tragedy by Agatha Christie. I know I must have read it, but I cannot for the life of me remember any of it.

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

20 comments:

  1. Our tree finally went up too. And congrats on quiz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you like your tree, that's all that matters. Glad you have it up to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We put our tree up yesterday. The four-year-old decorated it, so it looks awful, but at least it's festive! I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you love your tree! Hope you have a great week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, sorry to hear you dnf'd Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow. I didn't like Dov either. I love that you're enjoying Labyrinth's Heart though! I can't wait to hear your thoughts when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to DNF a book because I could not stand a character.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are too many other great books out there.

      Delete
  7. Covid seems to be ramping up around here again as well. I've had a cold that won't let go and keep testing but so far so good. Glad you had successful trips gaming and library visiting - sounds like a fun outing and my kind of trip. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's extremely frustrating. Thank you :)

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you had a good week. I'm sorry to hear about Covid causing cancellations again. I wonder if we will ever be finished with it. Come see my week here. Happy reading and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the quiz win! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tomorrow seems to be one of those love it or hate it type books. Have a good week!
    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/

    ReplyDelete