Saturday 23 December 2023

The Sunday Post 38; It's Monday! What are you reading? 38



 The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

Let's see ... no quiz last week as the last one for the year was the week before.
Work happened to me though despite my best efforts. 

All of my Christmas shopping is done and wrapped. There's only the 3 of us, and we'll just have a roast chicken dinner tomorrow and a quiet day. I'll get a new book, so will likely spend the day reading. 

Boxing Day is a holiday here as well, so I don't have work until Wednesday.

Spawn and I went to the library yesterday, and then watched Get Santa, which was fun. I also watched Hercule Poirot's Christmas - the one with Sir David Suchet. 

Today Spawn hung out with a friend for a bit, and I watched A Christmas Carol, which I do every year. I watched the Jim Carrey animated version, which isn't bad.  My brother and sister-in-law came for their annual flying Christmas Eve visit, and I've basically been watching Star Trek: TNG in between. I've also been snacking - I finally found cherries (it's summer here) and it's never quite Christmas without cherries.

I'm still reading Labyrinth's Heart, and I'm hoping to finish it this week. And speaking of Agatha Christie, I'm reading Three-Act Tragedy as well.

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

And Meri Kirihimete - Merry Christmas!

15 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Sounds like you'll have a lovely Christmas. I very much prefer smaller affairs to larger ones. I wish the US celebrated Boxing Day too. I know calling December 26 Boxing Day here in the US is slowly catching on.

    My Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know there was a movie of A Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey! I was trying to finish reading the book before Christmas is over, but I don't think I can make it so finishing the movie might make me feel better! I love that you're savoring Labyrinth's Heart. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually not bad! Also, Spotify has a recording of Neil Gaiman reading A Christmas Carol, which is also great. I finished Labyrinth's Heart, and loved it.

      Delete
  4. We always watch The Christmas Story on Christmas Eve, plus I like to watch Scrooged, the Bill Murray take on A Christmas Carol. I hope you have a great holiday season. Here's my SP: https://bonniereadsandwrites.com/2023/12/24/sunday-post-merry-christmas-eve/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I haven't watched the Bill Murray one in years!

      Delete
  5. Mmm I could go for an all-things cherry Christmas! Yum!

    I hope you get a really good book!

    Meri Kirihimete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to have cherries at Christmas. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a nice Christmas! Hope you have a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cherries at Christmas sounds amazing! Hope you had a good one!

    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/

    ReplyDelete