Saturday 1 April 2023

The Sunday Post 3; It's Monday, What are you reading? 3

 


The Sunday Post -  a chance for bloggers to have a chat and a catch-up - is hosted by Kimba, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

My week was much the same as the week before. Work stuff and then home, lather rinse repeat.
Although there's nothing wrong with that. 

I didn't do any stitching last week. Most weeks I try to do at least one thread of a colour a night, but some weeks it just doesn't pan out. The side effect of this is it seems to turn me into more of a stress bunny than usual. And - of course - I always forget. So definitely this week I need to try and do at least a little bit.

I did do some on Saturday night at my friend's place, but that's always a given so I don't really count it.

Saturday... what else did I do on Saturday? Not a lot. I've been re-watching CSI:NY so I watched half a dozen episodes of that, and painted my nails. I'm trying to paint them weekly or fortnightly in seasonally appropriate colours. It's autumn here (and the clocks have just gone back, ugh) so I painted them Royal Rajah Ruby by OPI, which is described as jewelled burgundy. It's sort of a deep red with shiny bits. 

Today, J and I went to a friend's place as she asked for his help with computer things. She's someone I used to work with many years ago, and have stayed friends with so we had a proper catch-up.

We got home later than expected so had a late lunch of McDonald's. I need to stir some energy to make my bed and my lunch for tomorrow, and then I can just kind of hunker down for the evening.

I know a lot of people hate Sunday evenings, but I love them. I used to work Sundays, 4 to 12 and it's a miserable shift. It's been many years, but I don't take it for granted.

As for what I'm reading now ... I'm reading Again, Rachel by Marian Keyes which is the sequel to Rachel's Holiday. 

Rachel's Holiday is a great book, one of my favourites of Marian Keyes - only surpassed - for me - by Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married.

Again, Rachel is. It's good, it is. But there's something a bit lacking? Some tiny hint of magic or .. I don't even know how to describe it. It's definitely eminently readable, and Ms Keyes can tell a good story, but. It's just a bit lacking. For me, anyway. Review to come, once I've finished it.

Unusually, for me, I'm only reading one book (normally I have at least two on the go). After Again, Rachel I'm going to read Silver on the Tree, the final book in The Dark is Rising Sequence. And I've been meaning to re-read LOTR for a while, so Fellowship of the Ring will surface soon, I think.
What about you? How's your week been? What are you reading?

This week's posts:
The Embroidered Book review: http://lifetheuniverseandcats.blogspot.com/2023/03/review-embroidered-book-by-kate.html
About Lily: http://lifetheuniverseandcats.blogspot.com/2023/03/about-lily.html



15 comments:

  1. I haven't read LoTR in ages. I'm playing Lord of the Rings Online now and they do a pretty good job with the lore, so it oftenmakes me want to revisit the books. :)

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a couple of years since I read it as well. Have a great week :)

      Delete
  2. We're still in the early seasons of NCIS trying to catch up through the 20ish seasons! lol Happy watching and reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. I haven't watched NCIS but I do love a good forensics/procedural so I might have to put it on my list

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a busy week! I've just been thinking about re-watching the LOTR movies again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the LOTR movies. I've never read Marian Keyes, but I'd like to give her a try since someone compared her to Josie Silver. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her early books are great - especially Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married, Watermelon, and Rachel's Holiday. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read LOTR for years. I should put them on my reread stack. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to re-read them every few years - there's always something new to find! :)

      Delete
  6. I tried to read LOTR so many times as a child and never made it through all the books. I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, but I understand that they're not for everyone. Thank you :)

      Delete
  7. I haven't read LOTR in a long time. It pass due for a re-read.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my thinking as well. Thank you :)

      Delete
  8. I hope you're having a great week!

    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/

    ReplyDelete