Saturday 22 April 2023

The Sunday Post 5; It's Monday! What are you reading? 5

 





The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a chat and a catch-up - is hosted by Kimba, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

I missed last week. I can't quite remember why - possibly because there were more teenagers in my house than actually live here and it slipped my mind. 

On the Friday night (Good Friday) spawn had a friend over for a sleepover. That was fine.
On Saturday morning, taking Friend of Spawn home, I learned that his grandparents who were staying with his parents (albeit in a caravan so they could isolate) had COVID. And on the way back to his place, he found out his mother had tested positive. I swear this kid lives in COVID central.

When we all got it last year, he's the one who brought it in to our house after coming over on a teacher's only day. He tested positive the day after, and spawn tested positive at the end of that week.

Anyway. Fast forward to Easter Saturday, and sure enough, spawn starts coughing. Then he complains of aches and pains and has a (thankfully not bad) fever. So I tested him on Easter Monday, and WHAT DO YOU KNOW. It was positive. Tested myself, and also positive. 

The guidelines for COVID here at the moment are you stay home for 7 days if you test positive, and any other household contacts need to test every day, and can still go about their normal lives as long as they test negative and wear masks.

So I worked from home that week. Oddly, I didn't have any symptoms at all, and after the first couple of days neither did Spawn. And J never tested positive at all. Something to be thankful for.

What else. Settling day for the house was on Friday (I'll do a full post on that one) so we are now the proud owners of a mortgage. 

I've watched  a few movies - Murder Mystery 2 (meh), Marie Antoinette (okay) and The Boston Strangler (pretty good). 

I finished The Witness for the Dead by Katherine Addison, and Silver on the Tree - the final book in the Dark is Rising Sequence. Enjoyed both of them.

Now I'm re-reading The Fellowship of the Ring and I also started A Billion Years by Mike Rinder - a former high-up in scientology. 

I have work tomorrow, and then Tuesday and Wednesday off. Tuesday as it's ANZAC day, and Wednesday just because. 

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

14 comments:

  1. That covid threat is still around. We plan to get another booster as they do wear off after a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily we weren't badly hit by it. But now that I've had a second go-around I'm not eligible for a booster until October.

      Delete
  2. Im glad to learn you’ve coped well. I’m envious that you still have sensible CoVid isolation rules. I’m not eligible for the bivalent booster vaccine til June because I had CoVid in December, but I did have my annual flu shot last week.
    Congrats on the new house!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rough, but it helps to have guidelines to follow. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. I hope everyone is recovered from Covid. Good luck with your new house! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! Glad everyone is recovered. Good to know the Boston Strangler is a good movie, I was wondering. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a solid movie, rather than brilliant, but definitely worth watching, I think.

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear about the Covid! I bet that kid feels bad for bringing it over again.

    Yay for Fellowship of the Ring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear he's COVID-central! But what can you do. Yes, it's been a while since I last read it, so definitely time for a re-read.

      Delete
  6. Oh man another round of COVID sucks. Congrats on being the proud owners of a mortgage. LOL I am now off to Google ANZAC Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ANZAC day commemorates Aussie and NZ forces landing at Gallipoli in WW1. Marg at The Intrepid Reader and I did a co-post a few years ago: http://www.theintrepidreader.com/2012/04/anzac-day-2012.html Thank you :)

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear that Covid found your household. We don't hear very much about it anymore around here. Our medical offices have gone to "masks optional" which seems like a positive step. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, sorry about the Covid. Glad it wasn't a bad case. Hope this week is better.

    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/

    ReplyDelete