Sunday 16 July 2023

Sunday Post 17; It's Monday! What are you reading? 17

 


The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a chat and a catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/


Let's see ... it's winter here, and the weather certainly showed up for that this week - wind, rain, cold. I don't mind that kind of weather - as long as I'm not out in it.

Work was okay, and it was a public holiday here on Friday, to celebrate Matariki - the Maori New Year: https://teara.govt.nz/en/matariki-maori-new-year It's a relatively recent addition to New Zealand's public holidays, but it's a nice one to celebrate, I think.

We won at quiz on Wednesday, after a string of seconds and one non-placement thanks to losing a tiebreaker. 

On Friday night, spawn, myself and a friend of mine went to a local production of Jersey Boys, a musical about the life of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. It was great, and spawn discovered some new-to-him music.

Saturday I didn't do much. Went to the library, and to my friend's place. Did some reading and stitching, and lather-rinse-repeat for today. I also watched a movie today (Red Notice) and conquered Mt Washmore.

I finished Return of the King, and my bedtime reading currently is I Like Me Better by Robby Weber, an LGBT+ romcom. So far so good.

I'm also still reading The Seven Ancient Wonders by Matthew Reilly, which is still very entertaining.

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?
































4 comments:

  1. We're at mid-summer here but the temperatures haven't been particularly warm. Today happens to be sunny but only 60F. We could use some of the rain you are getting. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cold but not wet last week. Rainy today, though.

      Delete
  2. I just saw Matariki mentioned on another NZ blog. Happy Matariki (even if it was a few days ago) :)

    ReplyDelete