Saturday 29 July 2023

Sunday Post 19; It's Monday, What are you reading?

 
The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a chat and a catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/2023/07/sunday-post-586.html and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

Let's see .... how was my week?
Work was a thing I went to in order to get paid so I can then pay bills, so that happened.
We won at quiz on Wednesday night, which was nice (winning is always nice).

I had Thursday off, so parked up for most of the day to do some stitching and reading. I'm working on a small gift for a workmate, and I started The Grief of Stones by Katherine Addison, which I finished today.

Spawn and I started Good Omens 2 on Friday night, and we'll probably finish that tonight.
Yesterday I went to my friend's as usual, and also did some reading. I'm not usually a listener of classical music, but the house was so quiet while I was reading (spawn was at a friend's and husband was sleeping), I searched for a classical music reading list on Spotify. And I didn't really know a lot of the music on the playlist, but it was nice to listen to while I was reading. 

Today I've been playing Mum's taxi, and doing some stitching and reading in-between. One of these days I'll do a post on what I'm working on, but I need to take some photos so today is not that day. 

I also went to the library and, even though I already have a pile of library books, I walked out with more. I'm not 100% on what I'll start next - probably Carpe Jugulum by Mr Sir Terry Pratchett. 

I ended up parking The Merlin Conspiracy for a bit - I like the premise, but it wasn't quite what I wanted. I also tried Murder She Knit but got bored about 50 pages in. It's the first in a cosy mystery series, and I was lured by the cat on the front, but found it repetitive, so I stopped. I'm too old to finish books I'm not enjoying.

The Grief of Stones is a direct sequel to Witness for the Dead, and both books are set in the same universe as The Goblin Emperor. Which is also great.

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading? 

18 comments:

  1. That sounds nice that you won the quiz. And I totally agree about not finishing books you're not enjoying. I am sorry to hear your cosy mystery was repetitive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Terry Pratchett! ❤

    I want to read The Goblin Emperor. In fact I think I have it on my Kindle. I'm happy to hear you loved it. 🙂

    Have a wonderful new week! ☀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I feel the same way about work. It's a thing I do to pay the bills. I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading some WWII historical fiction right now, and mixing it in with other genres.
    I enjoyed my work but the people were hard to stomach at times.

    Happy week. Harvee at https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Work lol... so true. Yay for the quiz win too!

    I thought this week flew by and I hardly did anything! Hope your new week is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the weeks are getting faster.

      Delete
  6. Great about the quiz win! It's true, no point in continuing with books you aren't enjoying. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dying over this: Work was a thing I went to in order to get paid so I can then pay bills, so that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep that's why I work too, lol. I'd have a hard time leaving the library without checking out books, too. Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you about not finishing books you are not enjoying. I do that too. I haven't been to the library for years. I have so many books on my Kindle that I don't have any need. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete