Saturday 2 March 2024

Sunday Post 47; It's Monday! What are you reading? 47

 


The Sunday Post - a chance for a catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

Let's see ... my week was slightly more eventful than I generally like.

My sister was admitted to hospital last Monday night with pneumonia. (She's fine, and home now). So on Tuesday after work I went down to see her and take some magazines and books as she was - understandably - bored. 

Tuesday was also my work bestie's last day, and she has now moved to a different city. I miss her a lot - more than I thought I would, to be honest. I know we can keep in touch thanks to the magic of social media and cellphones but it's not the same as seeing someone every day.

Quiz was Wednesday night, and we didn't place for the first time this year - we came fourth. Can't win them all, I guess.

Friday night was a work do at a pub that had already been cancelled twice. 

I was very ready for the weekend by the end of it all.

I went to the library yesterday and to a secondhand store where I found a couple of art cards I'm planning on framing and hanging up. 

Son of Mine had a sleepover here on Friday night, and then spent Saturday night at another friend's place. So he's feeling rather tired today. 

Today I haven't done much at all, and it has been nice.

I finished Foundryside, and very much enjoyed it. I also finished A Caribbean Mystery.
I started Wife after Wife by Olivia Hayfield and I don't know whether it's just me, but I got 3 pages in and honestly could not take the writing. But it has a bundle of 4 and 5 star ratings on goodreads. But the writing is just ... clumsy somehow? Life is too short to read books that irritate me. 

Anyway. I'm reading Poirot and Me by Sir David Suchet, about his 25 years playing the great detective, and I also started You Can Trust Me by Wendy Heard, which is shaping up to be very promising.

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

16 comments:

  1. Glad your sister is okay. It does sound like a busy week!

    I think the poirot book would be interesting. I've never seen his portrayal but I've ehard good things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know your sister is better now. I tend to close a book after the first few pages if the writing is not done well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to get to rereading Foundryside, so I can finish the series... eventually! I remember enjoying it a lot.

    Glad your sister's doing better! Pneumonia can be nasty.

    My weekly roundup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a week! I hope your sister continues to improve.

    Have a great week next week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/03/03/sunday-post-116/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m glad your sister is recovering.
    Work is sometimes only bearable because of colleagues!

    Wishing you a happy reading week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad that your sister is now out of hospital and I wish her a speedy recovery. And hear you regarding your best friend moving - it's a blow and even regular skyping and texting doesn't replace long chats over coffee. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a really busy week. Glad to hear your sister is home now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That does sound like a busy week. Your books sound good too. I think I have Foundryside on my Kindle. I'll have to check. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete