Saturday 23 March 2024

Sunday Post 50; It's Monday! What are you reading? 50

 


The Sunday Post - a chance for a catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/


Let's see. Work happened to me again without my permission, but I've survived somehow.
We came second at quiz on Wednesday night, which is fine but honestly I prefer to win.

Son of Mine went to a friend's for a sleepover on Friday night so I settled in with some stitching and watched the Road House reboot. It was .... meh. Review coming later this week.

On Saturday morning I watched another episode of The Fall of the House of Usher before Mum's Taxi was called and I picked spawn up from his friend's. We went to the library, and then I spent the rest of the afternoon playing Dragon Age and watching You Tube before I went to my friend's as usual.

Today I haven't done very much at all, and it's been nice. 

I finished The Labours of Hercules, and I'm re-reading Jingo by Terry Pratchett - I read it many years ago but Discworld is always a good place to visit. I'm still also reading The Principle of Moments by Esmie Jikiemi-Pearson.

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

16 comments:

  1. I've not been reading much, being caught up in watching K dramas on TV. I'm getting addicted, lol. Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never watched K Dramas, I hope you're enjoying. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I was going to watch the reboot of Road House, but I was feeling the same way, meh! Some reboots just do not work. Happy Sunday, Maree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely did not work for me. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I've loved all the Discworld novels - but not reread many as I don't want to spoil the initial memory... Some TV programmes should be left very much alone, but these days with accountants running things, it seems, all sorts of programmes are being rebooted - with very mixed results! Have a great week:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love re-reading Discworld - it's like visiting old friends. Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. It sounds like a good week - except the work part!!

    Have a good week next week ☺️

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/03/24/sunday-post-119/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep hearing about Discworld and it sounds so intriguing but I always fail at SciFi so, IDK. Let me read the description again...one second...ok, not SciFi but fantasy..."comic" fantasy...Idk...that does not sound like me at all, BUT "flat planet balanced on the backs of four elephants which in turn stand on the back of a giant turtle" sounds very interesting.

    I know, I know...just try it, Jinjer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just dive in! Most of the books are self-contained so you can start anywhere.

      Delete
  6. I was initially wanting to watch Road House too, but reviews have been lukewarm about it. I'm not particularly interested in the subject matter so maybe I'll just pass. The Labours of Hercules sound like something I'd be interested in. Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original Road House is stupid fun, so I'd go for that one. I did enjoy the Labours of Hercules, it was fun reading.

      Delete
  7. I heard about the Road House reboot but haven't heard a lot of good things. Hm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I should have just watched the original again.

      Delete
  8. Seems like I spent the whole week waiting for the snow event which has finally arrived. It's pretty as long I you don't have to drive anywhere. Come see what I'm reading here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete