Saturday 9 March 2024

Sunday Post 48; It's Monday! What are you reading? 48

 

The Sunday Post - a chance for a catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What Are Your Reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

Why is it when you cut yourself, it's always in the most inconvenient place? I cut my finger yesterday and it's right at the tip, so when I'm typing I hit the cut every single time.

Anyway. 

My week was much more uneventful. 

I went to work because capitalism and I didn't marry rich when I was young and skinny. 

We won at quiz on Wednesday night which is always nice.

Son of Mine had a sleepover at a friend's on Friday night. It's funny - both his dad and I are pretty introverted - his Dad moreso than me - but somehow we've created this extroverted social butterfly who can make friends with anyone. 

So I parked up on the couch with some stitching and had planned to watch The Bourne Supremacy but could not find it on any of the streaming platforms we have. After a bit of browsing and false starts, I watched Pain Hustlers on Netflix, which is about a pharmaceutical start up with Emily Blunt and Chris Evans. Review to come later in the week.

Yesterday morning I arose from the depths, got myself settled for some uninterrupted TV and watched episode 2 of The Fall of the House of Usher. I'm greatly enjoying it but I can only take one episode at a time, and I need to wait until Son of Mine is out and about. 

Then I went to pick him up from his friend's and took Lily to the vet for her regular blood tests. 

I did some reading in the afternoon and ferried Son of Mine and another one of his friends about for a bit. He went to that friend's last night for another sleepover. He's going to come home and crash VERY hard I think. 

I'm still reading Poirot and Me by David Suchet which I'm enjoying. I also rented a couple of the Poirot seasons from the library, so I've also been working my way through those. 

I'm also still reading You Can Trust Me by Wendy Heard which is still great.

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

22 comments:

  1. Ooo I didn't know David Suchet wrote a book! He's the only Poirot for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poirot and Me sounds interesting. Hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I've had that problem with a cut on my finger and typing before. And I'm too stubborn to just... not. XD Hope it heals up fast!

    I haven't seen any Poirot and I really should; I love that era of detective story. Glad to hear Suchet's book is living up to the legend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poirot and Me looks really good. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so frustrating when you can't find an older movie on any streaming services. Makes you wish for the days of the old video store again, lol. Or it does me I guess. I got a grease burn from cooking a burger this past week right before I need to do a video interview. And of course since it's not an in person interview I can't explain the funny looking red spots on my neck. Just have to hope it doesn't look too bad by the time I record the video. Hope you have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have loved to be able to rent it from a video store! I hope your interview went well!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a busy week. My son is Autistic and has speech issues but he is super confident and tries to speak to everyone 🤣 I'm quite shy 😂

    I need to watch and read some Poirot!

    Have a great week ahead!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/03/10/sunday-post-117/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch! I felt the pain when you described the cut on your fingertip. I hope it heals asap! I love that two introverts produced an extrovert. That's so funny! Hope you all have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two negatives made a positive - lol. Thank you :)

      Delete
  8. I hope your finger feels better soon. I've been watching Shogun on Hulu and Masters of the Air on Apple. I'll probably watch the Oscars tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for raising a social butterfly! Sounds like you had a good week. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My kid is also a social butterfly. It's exhausting. I cut my finger last week too! I kept having to put new band-aids on it because they wouldn't stay in place, and I kept bleeding on my keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can definitely be tiring, especially for Mum's taxi service. Ugh, that's frustrating!

      Delete
  11. Urg! Finger cuts are always the worst - they are such a nuisance. I hope yours heals quickly. I hope the coming week is a good one:)).

    ReplyDelete