1. Favorite childhood book?
Ohhhh ... that's a hard one. Absolute top favourite above all others? Honestly I think I have to say A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett, based on the number of times I trod the well-worn path to borrow it from the library.
2. What are you reading right now?
STATION ELEVEN. Ahem. I mean. Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel. It's a re-read for me - I read it in January but good gosh, I do love it. Also Lady Knight on iBooks, by L J Baker.
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
Nothing at the moment, though I'm considering reserving Uprooted by Naomi Novik.
4. Bad book habit?
Never, ever, ever, lend me books. I'm the worst at returning them.
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
Thomas, Diane C. (Diane Coulter)
Salvatore, R. A., 1959-
Webb, Beth, 1952-
Travers, P. L. (Pamela Lyndon), 1899-1996.
Wilkens, S. G.
Valente, Catherynne M., 1979-
Drake, Nick, 1961-
Bracewell, Patricia, 1950-
6. Do you have an e-reader?
Not as such. I use iBooks on my iPad though, and I like that a lot.
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
I usually have about 2 or 3 on the go at the same time. One for lunchtime reading at work, one for weekends and sometimes a stray that just falls into my hands.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
Yes, I think so. My to-read list has certainly expanded.
9. Least favorite book you read this year?
Shatter Me by Tahereh .Mafi
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
11. How often do you read outside of your comfort zone?
Not often but I like to think I have a reasonably broad comfort zone? Hard to say.
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
Fiction, mostly. Fantasy, sci-fi, dystopia, literary fiction, historical fiction, some crime fiction but I'm picky about what crime fiction I read. I'll read interesting biographies or autobiographies, if I'm interested in the person.
13. Can you read on the bus?
Yes. On short bus journeys, anyway.
14. Favorite place to read?
Bed first, and couch second.
15. What is your policy on book lending?
I lend books if I'm not worried about getting them back, or if I know I can trust the person to be responsible with my books.
16. Do you dog-ear your books?
17. Do you write notes on the margins of your books?
No, it never occurs to me.
18. Do you break/crack the spines?
Yes, especially if the binding has made it difficult to hold the book open enough.
19. What is your favorite language to read?
20. What makes you love a book?