Monday 6 July 2015

It's Monday ...

... what are you reading?

Hosted by Sheila at http://bookjourney.net/ or in Sheila's absence, check the hashtag #IMWAYR on twitter to expand your TBR and maybe meet some new bloggers. :)

I'm on holiday at the moment, and I've finished two books, which for me isn't bad at all.

I read Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb and The Vines by Christopher Rice.

I absolutely loved Assassin's Apprentice. It took me back to being a wide-eyed 15 year old awkward nerd girl who discovered epic fantasy through Lord of the Rings. It has that feel of opening entire universes and good gosh, I loved it. Review later this week but mostly it'll be I LOVED THIS BOOK WHY DIDN'T I READ THIS YEARS AGO, etc.

I enjoyed The Vines. I didn't love it, and it felt too short for the story it was trying to tell - there was definitely scope for  a much longer book but it was readable, and spooky, and a fast read, so there's that.

I still have Lady Knight on iBooks though it's likely I won't get back to Riannon and Lady Eleanor until I go back to work next week, I'll see.

Up next .. I'm not sure actually. Maybe Life After Life. Or possibly The Casual Vacancy. Or Witches Abroad. Or the first book in a 35-book (YES 35) historical series, called The Founding, by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles.

Or ....

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment