Saturday 3 June 2023

Sunday Post 11; It's Monday! What are you reading? 11

 

The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a chat and a catch-up - is hosted by Kimba, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? Is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/


Let's see ... my week was fairly standard. Spawn had a few days off school at the start of the week as he developed a cold over the weekend. He was coming right by Wednesday though.

On Thursday night we went to his school's production as he had friends in the show. It was fun, but made for a LONG night.

Friday night I did as little as possible. 

Yesterday I went to the annual Rotary book sale, and managed to restrain myself. I bought a few novels, and a couple of cross-stitch books. 

Today I haven't done much besides watching a movie with spawn and some stitching.

It's a long weekend here, so I anticipate much the same tomorrow.

I'm still reading The Two Towers and The Rembrandt Affair but should hopefully finish both of them this week.

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

14 comments:

  1. School productions can be a delight or absolute torture in my experience - there generally isn't much in between. And congratulations on being so restrained at the Rotary sale. These days I avoid such events as I'm desperately trying to cut down the numbers of physical books we have in the house... Glad Spawn's recovering and hope the coming week is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I tried to restrain myself. Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Book sales are dangerous for me too. Lol. I do try and donate a book when I bring another one in. Or at least it put it in the "donate" pile. Here's my SP: https://bonniereadsandwrites.com/2023/06/04/sunday-post-seeing-clearly-sundaypost/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always intend to donate, and I do need to go through my books, but it just never seems to happen somehow.

      Delete
  3. I hope your son is feeling much better. I am glad you enjoyed the school production. We are going to a dance recital next weekend to see a couple of my daughter's friends perform. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long weekends are great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer colds are the worst! I have one so I sympathize with your son. Hope he feels better. Yes, school productions can feel so long! Hope you get some rest and are able to finish your books! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live in Ne Zealand, so it's winter here. Thank you :)

      Delete
  6. I really try to avoid book sales since my stacks of TBR books are already more than I can read in a lifetime. I'm glad you found some things you wanted. Hope Spawn is feeling better. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should avoid book sales. Thank you :)

      Delete
  7. I hope you enjoyed your long weekend

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete