Tuesday 13 June 2023

The Rembrandt Affair by Daniel Silva - review

 

When a Rembrandt painting is stolen and the restorer murdered, former Israeli secret agent Gabriel Allon is called in to try and figure out why the painting was stolen and the restorer left dead.

Allon soon finds himself mired in a world of secrets, Nazi treasure thieves, conspiracy and murder.

This is the second Gabriel Allon novel I've read, and honestly I find them very entertaining.

I have specific requirements for reading thriller/action/crime-type novels which are:

No romance between two "leads"

No "oi guv" - in other words, no butting heads with The System to Get the Job Done.

I read the first page of a book recently in which the main character had a fight with her husband and griped that she had to deal with a rookie. I stopped immediately.

But the Gabriel Allon novels - so far - fit into my criteria. He's already married for one thing, and the cases are highly readable and entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment