Saturday 10 June 2023

The Sunday Post 12; It's Monday! What are you reading? 12

 

The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a chat and a catch-up - is hosted by Kimba. here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

Is it just me, or does Sunday seem to come around faster and faster? 

We had a long weekend last weekend, so I had Monday off, which was nice. I don't think I did anything outside of reading and stitching ... wait. I baked. I had a couple of bananas that I needed to use up, so I made some muffins. They came out not too badly, considering I don't bake very often. 

Work was much the same as always, which is no bad thing, and we came second at quiz on Wednesday night. 

Spawn went to a friend's for a sleepover on Friday night so I caught up on some TV shows and worked a bit on the llama cross-stitch which is destined as a gift for a friend. 

Saturday I played mum's taxi for spawn and friend for a bit, and went to my friend's for our usual Saturday night stitching and reality TV session. 

Today spawn is hanging out with another friend, and J is sleeping as he works nights, so I've pretty much had the house to myself. I watched a movie (Plane, which wasn't too bad) and worked on my Sunday projects. 

And now here we are. :)

I finally finished both The Two Towers and The Rembrandt Affair. I'm now reading Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit by P G Wodehouse, and The Outsider by Stephen King. I also have The Lady's Guide to Celestial Mechanics by Olivia Waite on the go, but that's on Libby and I keep forgetting I'm reading it.

It's my birthday tomorrow, and I have Tuesday off, so I'm looking forward to that.

I'm still making a list of 52 things to do during my birthday year. I have ... five so far. 

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

 

17 comments:

  1. I swear Sunday really does come faster every week xD You reminded me how much I miss pub quizzes, maybe I should see if there are any around my town. Your stitching and reality TV nights sound like a dream btw! I hope you enjoyed The Two Towers, I think it's my favourite of the Lord of the Rings books! Have a lovely week :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, quizzes are a lot of fun! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day!!

    Sorry, my computer was logged in as my husband lolol - hence the deleted Billy comment above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tine definitely is fleeting at the moment!

    Happy Birthday for tomorrow! I hope you will have a lovely day and get spoiled a bit!

    I love P.G. Wodehouse - one can never go wrong with his work.

    Have a great week!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy early birthday! I love the idea of the 52 things to do during your year. What a great idea! Hope you have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm now up to six things - lol!

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great celebration and a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! I hope you have a great week and think of more things to add to your list. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's still very much a work in progress :)

      Delete
  8. I found a Wodehouse book of five of his novels, read one of the five and decided it was a book my mom '94' would enjoy. I was right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not quite 94, but I've enjoyed Mr Wodehouse for many years.

      Delete
  9. Happy birthday! I hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete