Saturday 24 June 2023

Sunday Post 14; It's Monday! What are you reading? 14

 
The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a chat and a catch-up - is hosted by Kimberley, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/


Let's see ... I always end up repeating myself because my weeks tend to be very similar. No bad thing, though.

We came second at quiz on Wednesday night - a respectable showing.

My friend loved the llama cross-stitch, and immediately put it on her desk. 

I try to watch a movie on Friday nights, and it had been a LONG week, so I bought some pizza pockets and spawn and I watched The Emperor's New Groove. It was the perfect end to a less than perfect week.

Yesterday I parked up in the living room for a bit to work on a dragon cross-stitch which is entirely shades of green, so I try to only work on it in natural daylight. 

I went to my friend's last night - and spent an hour trying to fix a mistake in a different project, which was frustrating, and I was glad to finally figure it out.

Today Spawn and I went to Spotlight as I needed some cottons, and to the library, just because. I've spent most of the rest of the afternoon today reading, stitching and listening to a podcast called You Must Remember This, which is about the first century of Hollywood history. 

I am also eating potato chips, but we don't need to talk about that.

Anyway. I finished The Lady's Guide to Celestial Mechanics, which I enjoyed a lot.
I'm still reading The Outsider by Stephen King, and last night started The Return of the King. 

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good week- low key. :) Your books sound good. I love Return of the King because things start to get better (well, at the end ha ha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this week off, so it will be even MORE lowkey. :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the sound of the dragon cross stitch - but being all in shades of green is definitely going to be taxing. I hope you have a great week:)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely taxing, but the end product will (hopefully) be worth it.

      Delete
  3. I’m eating potato chips right now too, BBQ flavoured which is my favourite :)

    Wishing you a happy reading week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love potato chips. Any salty snack really. I recall laughing quite a bit while watching The Emperors New Groove a long while back. Sounds like a fun evening. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes life burbles along in the same patterns. Sounds like you have some wonderful cross-stitch projects going on. Hope you have a wonderful week.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2023/06/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. My week was also quiet with nothing out of the ordinary. You make me want to pull out my cross stitch materials and start a project. It would be a good thing to do while listening to audiobooks. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listen to podcasts while I'm stitching, but audiobooks would work too. :)

      Delete