Wednesday 15 November 2023

Some works in progress


I’ve been meaning on and off to do a post on cross-stitch for a while. But I have so many works in progress (we’re not talking about that) so I figured I’d start with a couple and go from there.

The first one is called Monet Impressions  and I started in January 2004. It’s from designed by Sheila Hudson and was in a magazine called Cross Stitch Collection, I think. There’s a LOT of confetti stitches (single stitches of one colour scattered throughout the pattern) and colour changes so I’ve put it away many times but … last year? decided to pick it up again and chip away at it slowly so I don’t either throw it across the room or burn it. It’s coming along nicely.

 


The second one is Rivendell by CountryMagicStitch. I started it in …. 2019? I think? I have a yearly tradition at New Year’s where I re-watch Lord of the Rings and start a new project. Rivendell was 2019’s start. It’s progressing but slowly. I also have The Mines of Moria and Lothlorien by the same designer.  So far I’ve done one and a bit pages out of four. Slow progress is still progress.

That’s what I tell myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment