Saturday 11 November 2023

The Sunday Post 32; It's Monday, what are you reading? 32

 


The Sunday Post – a chance for bloggers to catch-up  - is hosted by Kimberly here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It’s Monday! What are you reading? Is hosted by Kathryn here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

Let’s see … it’s been a couple of weeks. What has been happening? Much the same honestly.

Work has happened as I’m just a tiny cog in the massive wheel of capitalism.

I did social-type things a couple of weeks ago – visited a friend who was laid up after ankle surgery, and went to a couple of craft fairs with other friends, which honestly filled my social meter up for quite some time.

I went to my friend’s place as usual on Saturday night for stitching and TV watching.

Spawn and I went to the library yesterday as I had many books to return and managed to restrain myself to only getting two out. Which I’m not sure I want to read. That always seems to be the way.

We won very decisively at quiz on Wednesday night which was nice. I’m somewhat competitive so I do like to win.

I finished Agatha Christie: A Very Elusive Woman by Lucy Worsley and also Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo, both of which I enjoyed.

I’m still reading A Long Petal to the Sea by Isabel Allende, and I’m also reading Grace and Power by Sally Bedell Smith which is about the Kennedy administration. It’s interesting but also 900 pages long so it’s going to take a while. I also started Legends & Lattes by Travis Bardee which is a cosy fantasy about an orc who opens a coffee shop. So far it’s very fun.

How about you? How’s your week? What are you reading?

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like it's been fun, but busy for you lately ;)
    Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tiny cog in the wheel of capitalism comment:)). I've recently finished reading the prequel to Legends & Lattes - Bookshops & Bonedust, which I highly recommend. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely on my to-read list! Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. You are certainly reading a wide variety of books! From the Kennedy Administration to Orcs is mind-blowing. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly a long journey! Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Legends and Lattes is such a fun read!

    ReplyDelete