Saturday 25 November 2023

The Sunday Post 34; It's Monday! What are you reading? 34

 


The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

Last week .... well, the jaws of capitalism opened wide and trapped me in their maw again, so I had to go to work. 

We won again at quiz on Wednesday night - no tiebreaker required this time.

I had a work function on Thursday night as well, and for this slightly extroverted introvert, that was enough peopling for one week. Although it was fun. There was dinner and prizes to hand out for jobs well done (not to me, I need to make that clear) and entertainment. The entertainment was Jingo - https://playjingo.com/ - which is a LOT of fun to play.

But. On Friday all I wanted to do was nest on the couch and watch TV. Which I did and it was glorious.

Yesterday I went out on a quest to the secondhand shops to see if I could acquire salt and pepper shakers. I was not successful but I went to the library and tripped over a couple of books so the trip wasn't entirely wasted. 

I went to my friend's as usual last night, and we watched some episodes of Survivor UK.

I finished The Long Petal of the Sea by Isabel Allende. I'm still reading Hell Bent by Leigh Bardugo, and I've finally started Making it So by Patrick Stewart.

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

14 comments:

  1. Work functions can be fun or a chore, depending on how nice coworkers are! Glad you enjoyed the couch and tv afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the highlight of my week, honestly. :)

      Delete
  2. Your quest for s&p shakers just made me think of the other dang item I should've looked for at Home Goods. A butter dish!!!!! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the works do was generally enjoyable - they can be dire! Love the comment about the jaws of capitalism:)). Have a great week, Maree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats at quiz! Yes the jaws of capitalism lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to work Thanksgiving too. Dealing with so many people burns me out too.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sucks. I hope you got some nice downtime.

      Delete
  6. It’s a very people-ly time of year.

    Wishing you a happy reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good way to put it, it really is very people-y.

      Delete
  7. I had a nice quiet Thanksgiving. I'm retired but my brother works at Target so I get the "Jaws of Capitalism" second hand. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope his Black Friday wasn't too stressful. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete