Sunday 28 June 2015

Inspiration on Monday

Inspiration on Monday is the brainchild of Trish at http://www.lovelaughterinsanity.com/  wherein we can share creative inspirations of all kinds.

This week, Trish has offered a theme for this week's inspiration: organisational hacks or tips.

I'll do my best. :)

I don't have anything particularly insightful or life-changing to share, I don't think. I'm pretty disorganised as a rule, and always have been, so putting any ducks in any kind of a row is always an effort.

The one thing I do make a point of doing, is getting Spawn's school uniform and lunch ready the night before, but that's not really revolutionary, is it? I also sort out his hockey gear - he plays hockey once a week - as soon as it's gone through the wash, so it's all ready to go.

For myself, I get my clothes ready, make my lunch if I'm feeling frisky enough (or I hoard leftovers, or convince myself that yes, I can afford that divine $12 chicken burger from that one cafe) ... and I get my accessories organised.

That last thing, I think, is what I want to pick out. It's actually a tip I picked up from this list on UFYH's tumblr: http://unfuckyourhabitat.tumblr.com/post/122721707299/unfuck-tomorrow-morning

I had a lightbulb moment. I could sort through my necklaces and earrings the night BEFORE and not two minutes before Spawn and I race out of the house for the day.

(Cue angelic host singing something both inspiring and revelatory. Or Bruno Mars doing Uptown Funk on Ellen. All religions are welcome here.)

I like jewellery and on workdays, I feel slightly under-dressed if I don't have my own personal combo - necklace/earrings/fidget ring/mum's ring/wedding ring on.

Rings and earrings of course, know how to behave themselves and keep to their own lanes. Necklaces and pendants ... they're like headphones in a bag, you know? You put them down for five seconds, blink, and they're tangled.

That one little slice from UFYH has saved me a lot of time and grief.

What's your organisational tip/hack?

No comments:

Post a Comment