Thursday 22 March 2018

Review - Dr Strange

Steven Strange is an eminent neurosurgeon, and let's be honest, an arrogant dick.

He gets into a bad car accident and I'm not sure, but I think he breaks, like, all the bones in both his hands, which puts a bit of a damper on his surgery career.

He tracks down someone who says he was cured of paralysis in Kamar-Taj.

Strange heads East and becomes a student of The Ancient One (a bald Tilda Swinton and yes it's weird.).

He learns magic, adopts a levitating cape and saves the world from Mads Mikklesen.

I don't know much about Strange from the original comics, and I thought the movie was .... okay.

It's not my favourite of the recent Marvel movies but it was watchable, even though Bendyouover Caddyshack with an American accent is really, really weird.

I'm not sure what I can say about a movie where the best thing is the levitating cape.

No comments:

Post a Comment