Saturday 24 March 2018

Sunday Post 93, It's Monday, What are you reading? 78


The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a chat and catch-up - is hosted by Kimba, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://bookdate.blogspot.co.nz/

Last week was ... ordinary. I think that's the right word - lol. Just work and stuff, the usual.

Work is going okay, though I did catch myself on Thursday, getting awfully bored. Which is not good. I'm grateful to have a job, I really am, but I need to watch myself a little bit, I think and try and stay a bit more focused.

What else. I finished a book - The Boundless Sublime by Lili Wilkinson, which I really enjoyed. I also went to see Love, Simon yesterday, and went to the library. It was nice to get out and about on my own for a bit.

I'm still picking at Wizards and Glass, though I've busted The City Stained Red back to want to read for now - it needed to go back to the library anyway.

I was channel surfing one day and I came across a documentary on the crime channel about Elizabeth Smart. It was in her own words, and it was absolutely riveting. I found her book in the library yesterday, so that's next up. I'm also still reading The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet.

What about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

18 comments:

  1. How did you find Love Simon to be? I've heard it's good but haven't read the book its based on. Curious though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was really good. The book is good too :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good week. Try to stay focused at work, sometimes it's easier said than done. Glad you got to the library. Time for a trip there myself. It's been a while and haven't felt like doing much.
    Have a good week!

    Mary my #SundayRoundup

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoyed Love, Simon. I want to see it so badly. Hope you have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth Smart's story is equal parts horrific and fascinating. I'm amazed that she has seemingly come through it as well as she has and is now living a full and happy life.
    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her story is really astonishing and her resilience is amazing.

      Delete
  5. I also want to see Love, Simon but I'd like to read the book first. I can understand how it feels to get bored at work. Happens to me often because my job is the same ole same everyday. where's the bathroom? how do I make copies? and so on. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always like to read the book first. :) Thank you.

      Delete
  6. My friend just saw Love, Simon and said it’s really good. I’ll hopefully get to see it soon. Enjoy your new books and have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your week was free from drama. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did you like Love, Simon?? I really liked the book so I'm hoping to like the movie too! And how are you liking The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet? It was adoring the characters but the story wasn't getting anywhere so it was a DNF for me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it. I'm enjoying the book a lot too, it's a good lunchtime at work read.

      Delete
  9. I'm going to wait to rent Love, Simon. I liked the book but not enough to want to schlep out to the movie theater to see it. Come see what I'm reading

    ReplyDelete