Saturday 10 March 2018

Sunday Post 91, It's Monday, What are You Reading? 76


The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a chat and a catch-up - is hosted by Kimba, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? Is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://bookdate.blogspot.co.nz/

Last week, thankfully, was back to the quiet normal of work, school, work work work ... spawn is back to his normal lively self and J and I are  .... working - lol.

Other than that, I seem to be watching a lot of TV and playing games. But honestly, I don't mind that. Work is tiring, so it's nice to come home and just kind of blob out.

Mmmm .... blobbing.

I have finished a couple of books - I read Simon vs The Homo Sapien Agenda, which was great - super, super cute, and Beneath The Sugar Sky, the third book in the Wayward Children series, which was also pretty great.

I'm also trying to watch a movie every week, and so far so good. So today, while I painted my nails, I watched John Wick, which I hadn't seen.

So there'll be reviews of those later this week.

I did, finally, manage to have lunch on Thursday with my friend who is a newly-minted police officer. In her mid-40s she decided to revisit a long-held dream she had had since her early 20s. She applied for the police force then but was turned down. So she spent two years getting her fitness up to scratch and completed her training earlier this year.

As you might expect, with her also having four kids, lunch is a bit of a rare commodity for us, so it was really great to catch up. I'd say that was the highlight of my week. And we both ran into another mutual friend that day, so memorable all round.

I'm still working through Wizards and Glass, and also City Stained Red. I'm looking for something shorter as well that I can buzz through quickly as they're both pretty large novels.

How about you? What's your week like? What are you reading?

20 comments:

  1. I've only seen bits of John Wick, I was wondering if the whole movie was good. At least I think it was John Wick- Keanu Reeves right?

    Glad you had a good week! Beneath the Sugar Sky does look good, I've been wanting to read that series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Keanu Reeves. It was pretty good. It's a really, really good series, I recommend it.

      Delete
  2. I have to agree Blobbing is nice. After the Royals go home I will admit to being a wee tired. Glad everyone is themselves again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing quite like a good blob :)

      Delete
  3. Blobbing is what I am doing today. I’ve been sick for two days, so I am not leaving my bed at all today. Well, except for cooking di0nner for the family of course. Can’t have them in there eating whatever they want. (Cereal, chips, etc... ) lol... Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, you're doing better than I would. I hope you feel better. :)

      Delete
  4. We had a hard week with off of school and not being home. I hope you have a good week in reading. I just got back in my home after a week of no power so I am behind in things. Have a good week. =)

    Mary #SundayRoundup #9

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched John Wick last week, I think and it was really good. Trying to get my hands on part 2 from the library. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy it, for what it was. Thanks, you too :)

      Delete
  6. Totally agree with you on the need to just blob out after a busy day at work! This week I'm reading some more of the Percy Jackson series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy normal weeks with not much happening. It's nice to just come home and relax:)

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s so cool that your friend was able to get her dream career! I hope you have a great week with lots of blobbing. :)

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great, I'm really happy for her. Heh, thank you!

      Delete
  9. I have Simon... on my Kindle. I really should schedule in a reading. Now that I'm retired, I mostly blob and highly recommend it. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just read the first of the Wayward Children books. Come see what I'm reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed it, it's a great series!

      Delete