Saturday 17 March 2018

Sunday Post 92, It's Monday, What are you reading? 77


The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a chat and a catch-up - is hosted by Kimba, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? Is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://bookdate.blogspot.co.nz/

Let's see ... last week went along pretty much the same as every other week lately, which is no bad thing. I've had some up and down days at work, but that happens. I've only been there for five months and I've never worked in a call centre, so I figure speed bumps are inevitable.

Anyway. Everything was normal, as I said, until 4.40am on Friday morning, when Spawn woke up with a fever, and aches and pains. Sigh. It feels like he only just got over his tummy bug, and BOOM! It was my turn to stay home with him, so that's what I did on Friday, giving myself an accidental long weekend. It was a good day to be inside - rainy and strong winds.

He's feeling much better now, thankfully - the fever broke overnight last night and he's back to his bright and bubbly self.

So back to normal tomorrow and *fingers crossed* that things stay normal - lol.

What else. I've started watching Nailed It on Netflix, which is hilarious. It's a kind of baking show where ordinary people come in and try to re-create incredibly elaborate cakes and it's just kind of awesome.

I'm still reading The City Stained Red and Wizards and Glass, and I also read The Fandom by Anna Day which was a very quick read. I'm also reading The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet at lunchtime at work.

We all sat down and watched Dr Strange today, which was ... okay. Review for that later in the week.

So how are you doing? What are you reading?

13 comments:

  1. Ooh I liked The Long Way a lot. Hope you do too. And I thought Dr. Strange was just okay too- it didn't wow me much.

    Glad your son is feeling better. Long weekends are nice even if that's not the way you'd want to get one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it so far. I have the ebook so it's a handy lunchtime read. I thought the cape was the best part of Dr Strange - lol.

      It was nice, but no, not the way I'd want a three-day weekend.

      Delete
  2. I was binge watching Downton Abbey most of this week but it had started last week. I didn't read to much finished a few I had started before my power went out for a week. I hope you have a better week and glad the stomach bug is gone. Happy Reading!

    Mary #SundayRoundup #10

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quite liked Dr. Strange but it's not going to be a fav / revisit.
    Fingers crossed your little one has no more bugs. It sucks when they're ill. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nailed It sounds like fun. Glad the little one is better. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to find another Netflix show, as I finally finishing binge-watching Parenthood, a show I'd seen before...but I got caught up in it anyhow.

    Glad "Spawn" is feeling better...sick kids are so worrisome.

    Enjoy your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of Nailed It but I love shows about baking. I just watched Cupcake Wars last night. Glad the little one is feeling better and hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your little one is feeling better. Have a great week.
    My current read is here:http://norwayellesea.blogspot.no/2018/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear your little one was sick - glad he's feeling better.
    Hope you have a good week at work... and a good reading week as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no about the Spawn! Illness does seem to come all at once - or at least it does with us. Nothing for months and then 3 bugs right in a row. Glad he's feeling better though it sounds like you had a great day to stay home! Nailed it sounds like my kind of show! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That isn't the sort of excitement anyone wants. Sick kids make adults feel so helpless. I'm glad he's feeling better. I try to stay away from television series because they cut into my reading time. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nailed It on Netflix seems like a fun show. Enjoy your week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope it's back to normal for you this week. Here's what I'm reading

    ReplyDelete