Saturday 3 March 2018

Sunday Post 90, It's Monday! What are you reading? 75


The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a chat and a catch-up - is hosted by Kimba, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://bookdate.blogspot.co.nz/

Last week was a bit more lively but certainly not in the way I wanted.

I'd gone out at lunchtime on Wednesday for a bit of a walk and to get some money out, when I got a call from Spawn's school - he'd just thrown up everywhere. Now, J is working in a different town at the moment, so he couldn't pick him up. I don't drive, and I'd also given my house keys to my sister as she needed to do laundry.

So I headed back to work and both the receptionist and I tried to get my sister on her phone to no avail. I packed up my bags, let my team leader know what was happening and was all set to make a dash for a taxi. Luckily, his teacher offered to drive him home once she knew I was there.

Then the receptionist bursts into the back office and says, "She's here!"- lol. My sister, luckily, had come back at just the right time to return my keys. (Note to self: get a spare key cut.) So she drove me home, and the teacher in due course showed up with Spawn, who was miserable for the next two days with a tummy bug.

Luckily it was only a 24 hour thing, I think. I kept him home the next day anyway and J stayed with him for that one.

Give me a quiet week in which nothing happens - lol.

I have tomorrow off - I had to take a company leave day before the start of April and I accidentally took Oscars day off, so I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

I went out to the pub quiz with my friends last Wednesday. I did feel guilty because of Spawn being ill but he was home with J so I struggled on. We came third.

I wrote a couple of review last week, and I'm going to do the same this week, but I haven't finished any books, so I just have a couple of movies to review - Rough Night and Get out.

I'm still slowly getting through Wizards and Glass - it's my lunchtime book so it's going to take a while anyway. I also started City Stained Red by Sam Sykes, and Simon vs the Homo Sapien Agenda, which I've been meaning to read for a while, and it looks like a reasonably quick finish, so I'm not entirely getting bogged down in Tomes.

What about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

22 comments:

  1. Yikes! Those sudden bugs are no fun! Enjoy the OScars though!

    Good luck with your reads this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that your son got a bug. I hope he feels better!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily it was just a 24-hour one. Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about your son but it's good he is better now!
    I cannot wait to watch the Oscars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to be able to watch them again!

      Delete
  4. Wow, what a week! I remember those crazy times with working and sick kids.

    Hopefully, a calm week lies ahead. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your week gets better and the kids feel better. I am riding out the storm that took out our power at a friends. So surreal looking at all the downed trees and power lines cut in half. They say we won't have power to our area till Wednesday!! Have a good Sunday!

    Mary #SundayRoundup #8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I hope it comes back on for you sooner than that!

      Delete
  6. Sorry about the tummy bug! But I'm glad it all worked out well. Good story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the little one is feeling better. It's been quiet in my neck of the woods as well. The weather is cool but it been beautiful outside. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's feeling much better, thank you :)

      Delete
  8. I am glad your little one is feeling better, but what a nightmare. I am glad things worked out. Mine is sick today. We were supposed to be selling Girl Scout cookies, but she's running a fever so we had to beg someone to substitute for her. I hope she's able to go to school tomorrow, but it's not looking like it. I hope you have better week this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww I hope she's feeling better. Thanks, me too!

      Delete
  9. That does sound like a week filled with more excitement than anyone could want. I'm glad the illness was brief. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no. Sorry to hear your little one was sick. I'm glad to hear that the recovery was quick. Kids always seem to bounce back so quickly!

    ReplyDelete