Saturday 6 May 2023

The Sunday Post 7; It's Monday, What are you reading? 7

 

The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a chat and a catch-up - is hosted by Kimba, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

Let's see.... I didn't do a lot last week. We won at quiz, which was nice. I always have the intention of a weeknight to do some stitching, but it does depend on how tired I'm feeling. I'm working on more than one project at the moment (and always) but the main one is a small llama picture I'm doing for a friend's birthday. Her birthday is next month, so I might miss the deadline but I'm going to try.

When I get some pictures organised, I'll do a projects post.

I took spawn for a haircut yesterday, as he was starting to look like Johhny Bravo. It's a lot tidier now.
Then he pointed out that his sneakers have a mouth, so we also went shoe-shopping. 

I went to my friend's as usual last night to watch reality TV and stitch.

Today has been a day of ferrying spawn about and binge-watching some old CSI:NY episodes.

I'm still reading FOTR, and I also started Killers of a Certain Age by Deanna Raybourn about a team of 60-something lady assassins who soon realise their retirement celebrations are not what they were expecting. So far it's very entertaining.

I also started The Rembrandt Affair by Daniel Silva which is proving to be entertaining so far.

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

14 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying Killers of a Certain Age. It was a DNF for me as I was not in the mood for senior female assassins, lol. I couldn't get the humor at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame! I'm really enjoying it.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed Killers - it is certainly action packed.
    Thanks for the visit.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Killers sounds fun, I've been eyeing that one. And you guessed my lyric artist ha ha so I was glad to see that. I wasn't sure how many people would remember that artist. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a Nik Kershaw album on cassette tape in the 80s - lol. I just couldn't remember the name of the song!

      Delete
  4. Loved Killers of a Certain Age! Hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck getting the Llama done. Killers is still on my TBR

    Wishing you a happy reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It might be slightly late for her birthday but it will get done. :)

      Delete
  6. I did like Killers of a Certain Age but like other books by the author better. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of her other books, but I'll have to look them up. :)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on winning the quiz! I hope you are able to work on your stitching this week. I always have the best intentions of getting to my projects after work in the evenings, but often I'm just too tired and unmotivated these days. Or something else comes up that takes priority. I bet your friend will love the llama when you finish it. :-)

    I really liked the The Rembrandt Affair and hope you will too! I've always meant to read more of his books, but that is the only one I've managed to get to so far.

    I hope you have a great week!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm exactly the same. Some evenings I'm just too tired to concentrate, which always leads to errors. I'm enjoying The Rembrandt Affair. I've only read one other book by that author, but I enjoyed it as well.

      Delete