Saturday 13 May 2023

The Sunday Post 8; It's Monday! What are you reading? 8

 



The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a chat and a catch-up - is hosted by Kimba, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

Let's see. My week was much the same work-wise. Which, in this economy, I will take honestly.

Went to quiz as usual on Wednesday night, where we came second. 

Saturday I was supposed to take Lily to the vet. She's due for blood tests to test her thyroid function.
I've written about Lily's health issues here: http://lifetheuniverseandcats.blogspot.com/2023/03/about-lily.html

So of course she was nowhere to be found. I can't call her, either, as she's deaf. 
I rescheduled the appointment, and then completely forgot about it until the vet rang me.
She was - again - nowhere to be found. (She's fine. She just has a radar.)

So please cross all fingers that she's around after 5pm on Tuesday so I can scoop her up and get these blood tests done!

Went to my friend's as usual on Saturday night and made (slow) progress on my Saturday stitching projects. I'm going to do a post on that soon-ish but I need to take some up to date pictures of my current works in progress.

Spawn is 16(!) tomorrow, so he had a sleepover here on Friday night with a couple of his wee friends. (It amuses me to call them that because they're all taller than me.) Luckily teenage boys are fairly low-maintenance. All I had to do was provide pizza, and then I hid in my own room to watch TV.

We went to McDonald's (spawn's choice) for lunch today, and had a browse in the mall.

I got some stitching done on my Sunday projects today, while listening to episodes of the podcast You Must Remember This, which is about the golden age of Hollywood.

And now here I am - lol.

I've finished Killers of a Certain Age, and will do a review later this week.

Now I'm reading The Rembrandt Affair by Daniel Silva, and I'm about to start The Two Towers for my LOTR re-read.

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

8 comments:

  1. Killers of a Certain age looks fun. And best of luck with your kitty. that's funny about radar. Yes sometimes they know when to disappear! I hope her tests go well. And she is better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She has hyperthyroidism so needs tests every few months to test her thyroid function.

      Delete
  2. Hope you find Lily soon and also have a good time with the birthday sleepover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is currently sleeping the sleep of the give-no-hecks on the couch. I just need her to be there tomorrow after work....

      Delete
  3. Hope Lily's radar doesn't work on Tuesday so you are able to get the appointment taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked Killers of a Certain Age and hope you did too. Happy birthday to
    Spawn. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete