Saturday 30 September 2023

The Sunday Post 27; It's Monday, what are you reading? 27

 


The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

My week was relatively uneventful. Work was a place I went to so I could earn my paycheck and pay taxes like a good citizen. It's springtime here which, in September and October tends to mean very unsettled weather, and it rained for a lot of last week. Which is fine, I enjoy the rain as long as I'm not out in it.

Add in some very strong winds and little sunshine though and it does get a bit trying. However, it's been warmer and much less rainy today, which has been nice. 

We won at quiz on Wednesday night, which is always nice. 

Friday night I ordered pizza for tea and watched a terrible movie with a group of twitter friends - it's something we do periodically and it's always fun.

Saturday I did a little bit of stitching - I have a dragon WIP that is all shades of green, so I can really only work on it in daylight. Saturday morning tends to be the best time to get that done. Spawn and I went to the library after lunch, and I wend to my friend's as usual. We watched the end of The Traitors UK, which was great, and The Traitors is now one of my favourite reality shows.

At the moment I'm also enjoying a couple of home-grown reality shows - House Rules NZ where teams renovate each other's house and are scored on it, and Celebrity Treasure Island, where celebrities (well, NZ value for celebrity, we don't have a deep well to draw on) compete in a Survivor-style game to win money for charity. It's a lot of fun, though one of my favourites went home last week. 

What else. I haven't done a lot today. Spawn and I watched some Golden Girls - he loves it - and I did some stitching. We also baked a lemon loaf, which came out really well. Spawn did most of the work, while I directed operations. 

I'm still reading Secluded Cabin Sleeps Six and it's okay, but a little bit annoying with the time jumps and the implied You Will Never Guess Who This Person Is. It's due back at the library via Libby in a couple of days, so I need to try and get it finished. I'm also still reading River God, and I picked up a non-fiction book - Persians: The Age of Great Kings by Lloyd Llewellen Jones. I don't read a lot of non-fiction but occasionally 


12 comments:

  1. Congrats on quiz! The weather's been cooling off here and you can really tell. It's been chilly the last few nights...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Fall here, and the colors are so beautiful. It's cooled down but not so cold you need a coat yet. Happy Sunday, Maree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous, autumn is my favourite season.

      Delete
  3. We are still having amazingly warm days and nights for the time of year, which I'm enjoying:). And go you for winning the quiz - I love the sound of watching a really daft film with friends. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A movie with twitter friends sounds unique. Hope the movie was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was terrible, but that's kind of the point of it. We watch terrible movies and pick them apart - it's fun.

      Delete
  5. We are having 80s for several days this week and then we dive to 56 next Saturday. I like things to be gradual - not so sudden. I forgot how much Secluded Cabin Sleeps Six jumped around. There was really so many things about that book that irritated me. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good week. We are heading into Fall but today looks to be a return to summer temperatures and sunshine. I love it in the summer and don't look forward to our winters. Your books sound interesting too. I should look for a nonfiction just to say I read one in 2023. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more of an autumn person than a summer one, so I'm not really looking forward to the hot weather. Thank you :)

      Delete