Saturday 28 October 2023

The Sunday Post 31: It's Monday, What are you reading? 31

 


The Sunday Post - a chance for bloggers to have a chat - is hosted by Kimberly,  here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

The week that was ...

Monday was a public holiday here, so no work for me (yay). I had a very lazy day and just watched TV and did some stitching. Wednesday I had off because I wasn't feeling well, so no quiz this week for me. :( But the team came second so that was good.

Friday was dress-up day at work for Hallowe'en. I couldn't wear the dress I had intended as it's a summer dress and Friday was absolutely freezing, despite the fact it's Spring here. There were even snow flurries. So I just dressed in my plainest clothes and parted my hair on the side. I also stuck up a bunch of photos of James Caan in the movie around my desk. So. Low effort.

Others went all out, and dig much better jobs than I did.

Friday night spawn slept over at a friend's place, so I watched the last episode of Our Flag Means Death, and I had finally started season 3 of Picard, so I finished that as well. Yesterday I went to visit a friend who had ankle surgery the week before to take her some books and have coffee.

Then, as always, I went to my other friend's for our usual Saturday night.

Today there was a kind of craft fair happening so I went to that with another friend. I didn't buy anything - because I don't have any money - but it was fun wandering around and looking at all of the stalls.

Finishing Picard must have made me nostalgic, because I've started watching The Next Generation from the beginning. And everyone is so YOUNG! S

Spawn wanted to go to the library to return some books, so we did that as well. And now here we are.

I'm still reading Ninth House, and A Long Petal to the Sea. I've also started the Agatha Christie biography by Lucy Worsley, and today I read The Crow graphic novel that a workmate loaned me a few weeks ago, so I can finally return it. (I am not a good person to lend books to.)

Anyway. How's your week? What are you reading?

12 comments:

  1. Lol... my grandmother always used to say, 'Lend a book and lose a friend.' I keep promising myself to start watching The Next Generation from the start, but never seem to get around to it. Have a great week, Maree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Picard. I haven't seen The Next Generation in awhile, but I've seen clips and, yes, everyone is so very young. I'll have to do a re-watch at some point. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been cold here too. Sounds like your work was fun for Halloween. I remember James Caan f/ Rollerball...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's warming up now, but I don't think it will last.

      Delete
  4. I remember reading The Crow GN years ago. The artwork was stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a good reading and listening week. I don't think I left the house for more than a quick run to the grocery store. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved that Lucy Worsley book. She's so good.
    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm about halfway through and it is very good.

    ReplyDelete