Saturday 6 January 2024

The Sunday Post 39; It's Monday! What are you reading? 39

 


The Sunday Post - a chance for a catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

Let's see. I didn't do a post last week as I was working on Sunday, filling in as the regular Sunday person was on holiday. 

I had Monday and Tuesday off as they're public holidays, and I did my traditional re-watch of Lord of the Rings and start a new project. A friend of  mine turns 40 in March so my new start is a birthday present for her. 

I also worked yesterday (I don't normally do Saturdays) so the overtime cash money will come in handy.

I am feeling tired, though. And I'm trying to think of what else I've been doing...

Watching Star Trek: TNG mostly, I think. I'm up to season 7. I do want to at least try and watch some new (to me) shows and not just re-watch old favourites, but it's so ... cosy I think. 

I finished Labyrinth Heart, and I loved it. I also finished Three-Act Tragedy which was also great.

I got Holly by Stephen King for Christmas, and spent most of Boxing Day reading it - it was my last read for 2023.

I also read The Tea Dragon Society which is an absolutely adorable graphic novel by K. O'Neill. 

Now I'm reading Paladine's Grace by T Kingfisher, which I am absolutely loving.

How about you? How's your new year so far? What are you reading?

16 comments:

  1. Happy new Year! A Lord of the Rings rewatch sounds fun. For someone who plays Lord of the Rings Online I haven't seen the movies in ages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch them every year, they're some of my favourites.

      Delete
  2. Ahh, The Tea Dragon Society is just adorable, isn't it? I loved it. And I keep meaning to try reading T. Kingfisher's books in that series -- I normally reaaaally enjoy her books, but haven't touched those yet.

    My weekly roundup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Star Trek: TNG. I rewatch it myself some throughout the year. And, what a wonderful book to end 2023 with! I hope you loved it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't watched in years, it was good to revisit. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  4. Happy new year! Sounds like the new year is good to you so far. I think I liked The Next Generation better than the original Star Trek, but couldn't watch new series that came after that.

    We are in NC right now with the youngest, moving her back into college. Missed all that lovely snow. Hoping we can fly back in without issue, because a rainy, windy storm is coming Tuesday.

    Hope you have a wonderful week.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2024/01/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_7.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love TNG but I think Voyager is my favourite, and I'm hoping to start that one soon. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  5. So far, it looks like 2024 will be the year of rereads and finishing series I've started. I also have tons of review copies on my stack for my reading pleasure. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love re-reading favourites, it's like visiting old friends.

      Delete
  6. I need to read End of Watch and then the story in It Bleeds before I read Holly. I did read The Outsiders out of order but I don't think it spoiled too much. Sounds like a great end of year read for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read The Outsider before If it Bleeds as well, but didn't feel like anything had been spoiled. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  7. I love the Lord of the Rings movies. It's been too long since I last re-watched them. It sounds like your year has gotten off to a good start. I hope to read something T Kingfisher this year. I am glad you are enjoying Paladine's Grace. Have a happy New Year, Maree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch them every year, I love them. You too! :)

      Delete
  8. Holly is one I want to read. I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete