Saturday 27 January 2024

The Sunday Post 42; It's Monday! What are you reading? 42

https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/ 


The Sunday Post - a chance for a catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What Ae You Reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/


Let me see... Capitalism put out snacks and trapped me again, so I went to work. 

We won at quiz again on Wednesday night, which always feels good I have to say. 
I went to my friend's after work on Friday night instead of Saturday, as we both had prior Saturday engagements.

We watched The Traitors UK and stitched. Still, I think, my favourite show. I love it so much.

I put in a couple of hours overtime at work on Saturday morning, and the extra few dollars will definitely come in handy. 

Then on Saturday night another friend and I went to a show - it's a one-woman show very much inspired by Shakespeare and it was hilarious. It's called Tempestuous: https://www.hotpink.co.nz/the-tempestuous/
This is usually the time of year for Shakespeare in the Park, but this was done in a theatre - possibly because of it being a one-woman show. But it was great. So, so funny.

Son of Mine had a friend over last night for a sleepover, and I dropped them in town today to pursue pizza, so I went to the library, and got a couple of books out.

I haven't done much else today, to be honest.

I have two weeks leave now, and I'm very much looking forward to it. My plan is to power down completely - for the first week at least - and just do the things I like to do - read, watch TV, watch movies, cross-stitch, play videogames. I also want to sort out some clothes because my drawers are getting a bit full, but that sounds like a job for second week off Maree.

I finished The Watchmaker's Hand by Jeffrey Deaver and also Daisy Darkly by Alice Feeney, both of which were just ... okay for me.

I'm still reading Wyrd Sisters, and I also started The Wizard's Guide to Defensive Baking by T. Kingfisher, which is a YA fantasy novel, and so far pretty entertaining.

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

24 comments:

  1. Shakespeare in the PArk sounds nice! And congrats on quiz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They always get you with those snacks.

    Seriously, glad you had so much fun at the show with your friend. Enjoy your couple of weeks off. I'm jealous. I need a serious break right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Wizard's Guide to Defensive Baking is so good! I love T. Kingfisher and I hope you love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay on another win at quiz night! I am glad you were able to get in some overtime. I like it when I plan for it but not so much when I am forced into it. Tempestuous sounds like such a fun show! I am glad you were able to go. I've heard good things about The Wizard's Guide to Defensive Baking and am glad you are enjoying it. I hope you enjoy your time off from work! Have a great week, Maree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The show was such a lot of fun. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  5. I love Shakespeare in parks and in theaters! Ha ha. I'll take it anyway I can get it. The Tempestuous show sounds fab. 🎭

    Enjoy your time off. You have a lot of great things planned. 🙂

    I'm feeling very nostalgic right now because your page background is one I had early on in my blogging. I love it. 🤗

    Have a wonderful new week! ☀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy watching Shakespeare - more than reading him for sure. Thank you :)

      Delete
  6. Enjoy your time off! Here's my SP: https://bonniereadsandwrites.com/2024/01/28/sunday-post-warming-up/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a good week. Enjoy your time off! Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your time off. I love The Traitors! I haven't seen the current UK season, but I saw the first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is honestly my favourite show, I love it. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  9. Enjoy your time off. That sounds perfect!
    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is this Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett? I love love love all his witch novels.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a jam-packed week, in a good and fun way! Hope you're now enjoying your quieter down time!

    ReplyDelete