Saturday 13 January 2024

The Sunday Post 40; It's Monday, What are you reading? 40

 


The Sunday Post - a chance for a catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly,  here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/


We're back to "normal" after the weird liminal space of Christmas and New Year. And because capitalism never sleeps, I had to go to work. 

Quiz doesn't start again until this Wednesday so it was a quiet one for me, work aside. 
I did some reading, did some stitching ... the usual. 

Spawn, a friend of mine and I went to the library on Saturday morning and I went to my friend's place last night for stitching and watching TV. We're watching season 2 of the Traitors UK, which may possibly be my favourite TV show.

I watched the third Guardians of the Galaxy movie on Friday night and was NOT prepared for the emotions at all. 

I am currently reading The List by Yomi Adegoke, which isn't grabbing me the way I had hoped, but it's pretty good so I'm going to keep on going.

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

16 comments:

  1. I think I saw the third Guardians movie. All the Marvel stuff is running together right now and I need to see which ones I've missed. Oh yeah I did see it. I still haven't seen The Marvels though- I think that's the newest one?

    Anyway have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a LOT of Marvel stuff, so I'm just watching the stuff I want and ignoring the rest.

      Delete
  2. I was back to normal sooner than a lot of people because I'm self-employed, but ugh, wouldn't be nice if we could all skip it? Hope work wasn't too bad, at least!

    My weekly update/roundup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOTS of emotions going into that last Guardians movie!
    The List sounded so good, but I worried it wouldn't be very gripping. Hope you have a great week!
    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO many emotions. I DNF'd The List, it just didn't grab me.

      Delete
  4. Sorry you had to go back to work in the interim - so did Himself. Hope the coming week is a good one:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traitors is my favorite too! I've watched the US, UK, and Australia ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a New Zealand one as well which isn't bad. We've seen the Kiwi one and the UK one so far.

      Delete
  6. I'm not yet back to "normal" with my work. It's like the holiday season made me forget how to work! Lol! I loved all the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, but yeah, the last one was heartbreaking. Wishing you an amazing week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never felt such emotion for a racoon. I've been meaning to watch Traitors. Glad to hear it is good. I am ready for back to normal after the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was NOT expecting such strong feelings! For a racoon!

      Delete
  8. The last Guardians of the Galaxy was great
    I hope The List gets better

    Wishing you a happy reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DNF'd The List in the end. Thank you. :)

      Delete