Saturday 17 February 2024

Sunday Post 45; It's Monday! What are you reading? 45

 


The Sunday Post - a chance for a catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

My bank account cried out to me in dark despair, so I went back to work on Monday after my break. To say I was reluctant to go back to work is an understatement. Reader, I did not want to. 

Reader, I had to.

Anyway. We came second at quiz on Wednesday night, which is fine. Generally I'm happy if we place. 

Thursday, Son of Mine had gone on a field trip to the Waimumu Field Days with his school - https://www.southernfielddays.co.nz/ It rained on Thursday and he ruined his sneakers. So after work on Thursday night the two of us had salad - I mean burgers at McDonald's and did a spot of shopping for new sneakers.

Friday night my department was supposed to go out as a group but one of our team leaders ended up going home with a stomach bug. So that event was cancelled, and some of us just ... went to the pub.  It was fun, and I was home by 9 but I was definitely peopled out. 

Yesterday my friend who is leaving soon came around and we watched The Emperor's New Groove, which is her favourite movie.

Today, Son of Mine woke up with a completely blocked head, and youuuu guessed it. He has COVID. 

The guidelines now state you don't have to isolate, and your household doesn't but I am keeping him home from school for the week, and I picked up my hard drive from work in case I need to stay home as well. So far I've tested negative but COVID is a sneaky bastard. 

Saturday night friend and I went to the library, and did a few errands, which definitely included a bakery. I restrained myself to just some lemon cupcakes so I'm proud of myself for that.

I'm still reading Foundryside, and I finished Bookshops and Bonedust, which was very cute. I also started Marple, an anthology of Miss Marple stories by modern-day writers. I'm not very far in as of yet though.

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

19 comments:

  1. Oh no- hope your son doesn't have too hard a time w/ Covid. And I hear you on being peopled out- sometimes after work events I just want to veg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He's come out the other side and doesn't seem too worse for wear.

      Delete
  2. Oh that sucks about Covid. I hope your son recovers soon and nobody else in your household gets it.

    I just finished Legends and Lattes, and I'm excited about Bookshops and Bonedust!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going back to work after a break sucks so much. Hope it was easier than it felt at first!

    I remember loving Foundryside; I really should reread it and finish that trilogy. Hope you're enjoying it!

    My weekly roundup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, it really does. I am enjoying Foundryside. Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a busy week. I hope your son gets better soon and you stay COVID free. The lack of guidelines here in the UK annoy me. It's why it keeps going round and round 🙄

    Have a good week next week.

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/02/18/sunday-post-114/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COVID really is the uninvited guest that just won't leave. Thank you :)

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear your son has covid and hope that you manage to avoid it. It's possible - I'm just recovering from it and while I didn't isolate before I knew I had it, Himself didn't get it. I also applaud your decision to keep your son at home. There are a lots of folks (me included) who need to steer clear of the illness as it has some nasty side effects:(. I hope the coming week is a better one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a great believer in staying home when you're sick or infectious. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  6. I think isolation is still the responsible thing to do, I hope your son recovers quickly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about the Covid. I hope you do manage to avoid it. Sounds like you had a good week otherwise. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your son feels better soon and doesn't pass COVID to you! I feel your work pain. I start fulltime work again in April and am dreading it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you're smart to be careful with covid! I hope your son fees better soon.

    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. We need to get back to the second series of Reacher!

    ReplyDelete