Saturday 10 February 2024

The Sunday Post 44; It's Monday! What are you reading? 44

 


The Sunday Post - a chance for a catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

The second week of my holiday absolutely sped by, despite my most ardent wishes it would slow down. Time never listens to me. 

I spent my second week binge-watching The Haunting of Hill House, stitching, reading and eating. The older I get, the more willing I am to embrace my inner hobbit. 

Son of Mine is always happy when I get time off, because it means he gets picked up from school - otherwise he walks home. There's a seconds bakery near the school and we always stop there at least once when I pick him up. They make these amazing citrus truffles around Christmas time, and then just sell them until the stock runs out. I managed to snag some, so I was happy with that. 

We won at quiz again on Wednesday night, which is always nice.

I worked yesterday for some overtime, and it was okay, but it meant I didn't go to my friend's for our usual Saturday night, I was just too tired. So I came home, watched Drag Race and did some stitching.

I read The Haunting of Hill House and thought it was all right - the series was better, which is rare. I haven't read any of Shirley Jackson's short stories, but I have read We Have Always Lived in the Castle, and that is GREAT. It's creepy and atmospheric, and what I wanted Hill House (the book) to be. 

I also finished Wyrd Sisters, and The Wizard's Guide to Defensive Baking.

I'm still reading Foundryside, which I'm enjoying a lot, and Bookshops and Bonedust, by Travis Baldree, which is the prequel to Legends & Lattes. It's very enjoyable as well.

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

12 comments:

  1. Hey yay for quiz! I find that embracing my inner hobbit usually goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a perfect week if you ask me! I've been sick and not reading at all, I"m hoping that changes this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hope you're feeling better now.

      Delete
  3. The Wizards Guide to Defensive Baking sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m really only familiar with The Lottery by Jackson which spooked me as a preteen.
    Foundryside is on my TBR, so is The Wizards Guide to Defensive Baking

    Wishing you a happy reading week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you enjoyed your time off and citrus - yum! I started working from home about 3 years ago and rarely have to go anywhere for the job which has made it REALLY easy to embrace my inner hobbit. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holidays always seem to go by way too fast. I am glad you enjoyed your time off. I have heard such great things about Foundryside and am glad you are enjoying it! I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete